EvilLyrics forum
August 22, 2019, 06:46:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: EL doesn't work like it used to do...  (Read 1937 times)
Darky

« on: November 05, 2004, 01:13:36 PM »

... in fact it actually ot pnA%EL doesn't work like it used to do...DarkyDinosauron@herr-der-mails.de217.236.86.232ttle support on my problem.
Until yesterday my EL and my Winamp 5 worked together like a dream team, and I almost never had to search lyrics for myself, because EL found almost everything, even rare stuff... well... since yesterday it looks like it doesn't find CRAP. EL started to display only cached lyrics, and downloaded NONE. I disliked this behaviour, so I tried reinstalling and reconfigureing at least 20 times ... but the problem does still persist. I even tried the development build... firewall disabled... everything I could think of ^^. It's kinda weird... EL just gives me very few lyrics for songs... let's say 0.5%-2% of my songs, to any other he says "Not found" immediately after typing or playing in winamp. The wicked thing is that the few songs that are found change randomly... yesterday evening "Metallica - One" worked perfectly well but at the moment it doesn't work at all. Once he has found lyrics, you can hit next result as long as you wish, and EL keeps on giving you new results o.0. Another thing is that most of the lyrics that ARE found come from Sing365 or seeklyrics. I tried deleting the filter.txt but it just gives me errors, and never tries to download a newer version... I suppose the file is somewhat damaged, cuz some of the HTML tags are opened where I (as a total nub at programing^^) don't think they should...  and yes I tried redownloading the program... any tips or hints or ANYTHING? I'd really appreciate it.

Important specs:
OS - WinXP Home (SP1 I'suppose... well not sure about that.. I definitely won't install SP2 ^^ maybe I try to reinstall/install SP1 some day.)
Connection - 768 kbit DSL
Player - Winamp 5.05
Evil Lyrics 1.7 build 127 and 135(Dev)
Firewall - Sygate Personal Pro 5.5 build 2364 set to allowed and working
Filter updated (properties ADVANCED): 135 - 26.10.04 127 - as old as rock... somewhat april 03? 04?

ok thanks, guys, and sorry for my inferior english Wink maybe I'm just a crazed german who think's EVERYTHING on his computer has got to work ...but it definetly DID before... :/

~Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori~

ROME - TOTAL WAR Smiley

[and don't think I'm a neo-guy-somewhat-you-now-what-I-mean, cuz I'm definitely not ^^]
EvilLyrics forum
« on: November 05, 2004, 01:13:36 PM »

Darky

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 03:00:10 PM »

- UPDATE -

Seems like this problem is gone away for good now (at least I hope so)

I restarted my Computer for the 10th time or so today and started evil lyrics (100ths time ...) and forgot to go online... and SURPRISE SURPRISE it was checking for filters but couldn't do so, cuz my connection was down, I established the connection my firewall asked about EL and then it asked EL to connect to google and then after I was half past mad ^^ it finally seemingly without any reason it worked flawless.

I hope it remains like this, otherwise I will post again.

best regards and thx for this (again)awesome prog ! Tongue

~Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori~

ROME - TOTAL WAR Smiley

[and don't think I'm a neo-guy-somewhat-you-now-what-I-mean, cuz I'm definitely not ^^]
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: