EvilLyrics forum
November 23, 2020, 05:52:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: .lyric extension (or something like that)  (Read 3769 times)
AaronG85

« on: October 31, 2004, 02:35:22 AM »

Hey everyone i was wondering what your thoughts where on when the EvilLyrics program saves the lyrics to a .txt file it should be changed to to a unique . extension like .lyric .lyc something like that cause if EvilLyrics was to do this i could implement that extension into a p2p program im making making it possible to search for files made from EvilLyrics in my p2p program. I would give ful credit to the EvilLyrics team so they dont think im/we are stealing there buisenss cause my users would have to download EvilLyrics to be able to share .lyrics .lyc files. just a thought if you have any intrest in this please email me at aarong85@hotmail.com this is a very serious matter as i want to implement this feature before the first release of my program. Thank you in advance.

EDITED NOTE: Im now willing to throw 10 - 20 dollars to the evillyrics team to implement this feature  Cheesy . Peace
EvilLyrics forum
« on: October 31, 2004, 02:35:22 AM »

AaronG85

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 11:38:42 PM »

please ppl comment on this plz
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 01:00:15 PM »

no ... we discussed this before ... it has just more cons than pros. we don't want to abandon current saving into txt because it's just easy to use and understand for most people. that's even the main reason why we haven't switched yet to xml which allows to store more information in structured format and would be much more convenient from programmers point of view.

On the other hand ... imho ... p2p networks are mainly intended for exchanging large files. I would never use p2p program to download lyrics because it would just take too long. You can get it using evillyrics or other lyrics program or by googling it much faster.

What would persuade me to use p2p program to get lyrics would be ability to download zipped archives of lyrics (by album, or by artist) ... if i could get all lyrics by madonna in Madonna.lyrics.zip or whatever ... how about that?

EvilLyrics Developer
AaronG85

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 02:23:53 AM »

that would be a great idea about zipping them but for hte p2p program to be able to search our network we need a specific file type .zip .rar you know what i mean? if there is any way we could do this or even use a rare zip format like .ace .arj .mim what you think
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: