EvilLyrics forum
July 23, 2019, 06:52:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Lyrics not found  (Read 4457 times)
Anonymous
« on: September 10, 2004, 08:44:26 PM »

I had build 127 installed and working, but i installed the latest build.  Now everything i try to search for says "Lyrics not found".  I tried uninstalling and installing the old version, but now it's saying the same thing "Lyrics not found" for anything.  I tried just searching for "love" and it still finds nothing.  What can I do?
EvilLyrics forum
« on: September 10, 2004, 08:44:26 PM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 09:28:21 PM »

Quote from: Anonymous
I had build 127 installed and working, but i installed the latest build.  Now everything i try to search for says "Lyrics not found".  I tried uninstalling and installing the old version, but now it's saying the same thing "Lyrics not found" for anything.  I tried just searching for "love" and it still finds nothing.  What can I do?

try to use "set to default settings" button

EvilLyrics Developer
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 04:45:29 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  I tried that.  I even tried doing a clean install after uninstalling, deleting all leftover files and folders and registry entries.  When I did the clean install, I checked the box that said to use default settings too.  Still not working Sad
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 04:51:47 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  I tried that.  I even tried doing a clean install after uninstalling, deleting all leftover files and folders and registry entries.  When I did the clean install, I checked the box that said to use default settings too.  Still not working Sad

didn't you install any firewalls or proxies meanwhile? does it even try contacting any of the lyrics sites (watch your statusbar .. it should say somethinh like "connecting to azlyrics" or something before it says Lyrics not found) ..

and please check if your EvilLyrics directory contains file named filters.txt

EvilLyrics Developer
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 04:59:00 PM »

I do have ZoneAlarm installed, but when I remove it from the program list, the first time I run it, it is supposed to tell me the program is trying to connect to the internet, but it never does.  The status bar never says it is trying to connect to anything, it immediately says "Lyrics not found".  I have even disabled the firewall.  All of the other programs can use the internet just fine, there is no proxy.

I do have a filters.txt file, here is the first bit of it...
http://www.sing365.com#$#!</font></a><br><BR>#$#<hr
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 05:00:22 PM »

I'm sorry, above, I wrote

"I do have ZoneAlarm installed, but when I remove it from the program list, the first time I run it, it is supposed to tell me the program is trying to connect to the internet, but it never does"

What I meant was
I do have ZoneAlarm installed, but when I remove EVILLYRICS from the program list IN ZONE ALARM, the first time I run EVIL LYRICS, ZONE ALARM is supposed to tell me that EVILLYRICS is trying to connect to the internet, but it never does
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 05:10:22 PM »

I'm sorry, above, I wrote

"I do have ZoneAlarm installed, but when I remove it from the program list, the first time I run it, it is supposed to tell me the program is trying to connect to the internet, but it never does"

What I meant was
I do have ZoneAlarm installed, but when I remove EVILLYRICS from the program list IN ZONE ALARM, the first time I run EVIL LYRICS, ZONE ALARM is supposed to tell me that EVILLYRICS is trying to connect to the internet, but it never does

i remember someone reporting exacly the same issue before ... i even tried to install zonealarm to find out what's happening but for me it was asking whether it should allow EL to connect to internet.

i can give it one more try to find out what's really happening but please give me info about:
your version of zonealarm
your version of windows

thanks

EvilLyrics Developer
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2004, 06:49:09 PM »

Zone Alarm Pro v4.5.538
Windows XP Pro SP1
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 05:30:07 PM »

I opened EvilLyrics this morning, and to my surprise, it downloaded the lyrics.  I didn't change anything, so I didn't know what made it work.  I closed it and reopened it and it said "Lyrics not found" for everything again.  So I thought I broke it again.  I opened and closed it about 5 more times before it worked again.  It seems to work about 1 out of 5 times.  Once I turn it on and it's working, it keeps working until I close it again.

I'm not sure what is going on with it, but I thought this might help you in your debugging.
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2004, 08:39:56 PM »

I opened EvilLyrics this morning, and to my surprise, it downloaded the lyrics.  I didn't change anything, so I didn't know what made it work.  I closed it and reopened it and it said "Lyrics not found" for everything again.  So I thought I broke it again.  I opened and closed it about 5 more times before it worked again.  It seems to work about 1 out of 5 times.  Once I turn it on and it's working, it keeps working until I close it again.

too bad you didn't leave any contact ... if you happen to show up again, please contact me, maybe we can sort it out

EvilLyrics Developer
rainerkunze124

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2004, 08:02:17 PM »

now I've got the problem. I can't download lyrics and even can't update my karaoke index. I've installed the Norton Personal Firewall 2004 but it can't be the problem because in previous versions EvilLyrics worked fine. I also downloaded the Development build, but it still doesn't work. I've Windows XP SP 2.
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: