EvilLyrics forum
August 24, 2019, 02:17:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Ello news: Support for saving lyrics into mp3s! Beta test  (Read 11104 times)
felipin-sioux

« on: August 07, 2004, 10:15:09 PM »

As many people have been asking lately, I coded something to allow users to save the lyrics inside the mp3 files..
We need some beta-testing.. So I'm asking everyone to test it.. Although I've tested it under some conditions, and I'm *almost* sure it didn't damage any of my mp3s, that's why beta testing exists... so, back-up your mp3s that you intend to save, and try it..

I don't know if we should keep this thing as a part of ELLO, or release as an independent plugin.. Being part of ELLO saves some size, because it can use ELLO's list of songs/artists, and the filtered/unfiltered checkings, etc.

So, how does it work? As the lyrics saved by EvilLyrics isn't related at all to specific mp3 files, you will have to browse manually for your mp3s.. You just need to point the folder where your mp3 files are saved, and then ELLO will just search the mp3 files into it and match them with the lyrics cache..  Once this is a done, a list will be generated, and then you decide which files you want to tag.. That's all you have to do..

Some important info about this feature:

- It uses the Lyrics3 v2.00 format..  If you have any Lyrics3 v1 format saved into your files, it will be automatically converted..

- Due to specifications, every mp3 with a Lyrics3 tag must have an id3v1 tag.. If no tag exists, ELLO will include one with artist and song info, and all the other fields blank.. If the id3v1 tag already exists, no information will be lost.

- ISO-8859-1 is the unique charset allowed by the specifications.

- There isn't any title filtering for now.. So, to be able to match your mp3 files with your lyrics, they need to be named as Artist - Song.mp3.

So, test it and post what you think about it, suggestions, bug reports, etc.
EvilLyrics forum
« on: August 07, 2004, 10:15:09 PM »

Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 10:30:17 AM »

Hi,

great work. On my machine it seems to work.
But how can I see the lyrics in the mp3 file. Your prog says that the lyrics is in the mp3 file but I can't see it.
There seems no entry in the idtag.

Thomas
felipin-sioux

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 08:49:08 PM »

You need to get some winamp plugin which displays lyrics3 tag.. Google for it and you will find it fast..
Thomas
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 11:24:13 PM »

That was easy wink
Thank you for your help now it functions.

Thomas
Cow-Tipper

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 12:23:36 AM »

i got a program that displays the lyrics from the mp3 but it doesnt seem to work, its called winamp lyrics v 1.22, says no lyrics are found but in ello it says that the mp3 has lyrics so can anoyne give me a link for a plugin that works with winamp 2.92
LeKurde

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 08:38:25 PM »

hey

I will give you informations about lyrics3 plugin, there are Lyric3 plugin(which display lyrics with or without karaoke) and Lyrics3 editor
They both can be found here http://www.hiker.org.il/lyrics.htm

If you want to add karaoke in your Lyrics, you have to put timestamp before lyrics like this:

Code:

[00:52]Drowning deep in my see of loathing
[00:58]Broken your servant I kneel
[01:04]It seems what's left of my human side is changing
[01:11]Is slowly changing in me

[01:14]Looking at my own reflection
[01:18]When suddenly it changes
[01:20]Violently it changes

I would like to find how to import lyrics+karoke timestamp on lyrics3 Sad
I can't find how to do it
I would be very grateful if anyone helps me to do it

bye
felipin-sioux

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2004, 06:14:41 AM »

[quote="LeKurde&quo;żY
T±0A6:Ello news: Support for saving lyrics into mp3s!  Beta testfelipin-siouxfetago@ig.com.br200.207.193.40w Lyrics3 editor
They both can be found here http://www.hiker.org.il/lyrics.htm [/quote]

Cow-tipper: that's the link for the official lyrics3 plugin for winamp.. The tags added by new ELLO to mp3 songs should work with this plugin

I would like to find how to import lyrics+karoke timestamp on lyrics3

Current version don't support inserting timestamps too, and won't support, for a simple reason: EL timestamps are more advanced than the formatting that lyrics3 supports, and therefore, incompatible.. EvilLyrics supports up to 5 different stamps in 1 second, but lyrics3 supports only one.. And, i'm not sure about your songs, but it happens frequently to have more than 1 stamp per second in the songs I create karaokes.

Anyway, I suggest to use EL for both downloading and "watching" lyrics.. There is no reason to use EL only for download the lyrics, and then using another plugin for viewing them..
LeKurde

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 02:16:24 AM »

yes lyrics3 karaoke supports up only 1 stamp per second but it's fine for 95% of songs.
It would be cool to have a feature to export timestamps even if it contains milliseconds Smiley

by the way, EL is great, keep up good work !!
felipin-sioux

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 12:48:00 AM »

New version here, help testing  Cheesy
Guino

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 08:01:48 PM »

If you want to export the lyrics with time stamps (in my case to add to my mp3 player's songs) -- Check out EvilExport in the Add-Ons Section... (Click Download, then Click Add Ons -- left side menu). Smiley
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: