EvilLyrics forum
November 12, 2019, 12:08:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Karaoke File Problems  (Read 1475 times)
Anonymous
« on: July 21, 2004, 03:19:58 AM »

I love your program, andÉtř¤   6ż─ř@Karaoke File Problems   Anonymous24.250.198.78Y ot of the songs I have on my computer don't already have .kas files made for them, I've been making some of my own.  I've run into quite a few problems.

1. The most minor of the problems is that sometimes the karaoke won't display the correct lyric.  This happened when I was making a .kas for The Faces' "Ooh Lah Lah."  It ends with:

I wish that I knew what I know now
When I was younger
When I was stronger

But when I play the karaoke file, it displays:

When I was younger
When I was younger (it jumps up to this line)

I've tried re-recording it to no avail, it's stuck on playing that line twice (presumably because the first two letters are the same).

2. Some of the songs I've been making karaoke files for have a string of correct lyrics, and then a bunch of lines containing translations for the correct lyrics.  I'll "record" the .kas file, then delete the timestamps for the translation lines (because they're not sung) to clean up the karaoke.  However, when I do this, the file doesn't work properly.  The first few lines will display, but then the karaoke just stops on a line and won't play the rest.

3. I checked some of the files I had uploaded in the last few days to make sure that they were good and do some tweaking.  The files I imported were not the same as the ones I have on my computer.  The timestamps, about 8 lines down, skip around erractically and have letters to start lines that don't start any of the lines in the songs.  I've checked three songs that I've uploaded recently, and they're all like this.  Earlier songs are fine, so I don't know what's going on with that...

Even though the timestamps in the .kas files I have on my computer are different from the ones I imported (in MAJOR ways), I can't re-upload the correct karaoke files to your database, which brings me to:

4. I saw someone else on the board have the same problem and wanted to bring it back up, since it didn't quite seem resolved in the original post.  I made a .kas file for a song ("Suzanne" by Weezer) and uploaded it.  I later decided that there were a few lines I wanted to tweak and tried to upload it, but the program wouldn't let me.  So, I deleted the original .kas file from the online database and tried to upload the new one, but I got the same message ("Nothing to post or already posted").  So now there is no .kas file for that song in your database and I can't upload one.

Your help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Sorry for all the complaining.
EvilLyrics forum
« on: July 21, 2004, 03:19:58 AM »

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: