EvilLyrics forum
August 14, 2018, 08:52:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  
Author Topic: build 131 available  (Read 65503 times)
Marek
Administrator

« on: June 29, 2004, 12:46:33 PM »

Features:
fix: pluiA   H@build 131 availableMarekevillabs@zoznam.sk 217.75.73.34B4 latest version of Windows Media Player 9 to get it to work)
feature: plugin for Foobar2000 (tweaked foo_winamp_spam by www.r1ch.net )
feature: direct karaoke fetching
fix: another fix for "travelling" karaoke bar

WMP plugin
EvilLyrics now uses Now Playing plugin for WMP created by William Mahoney. Plugin shows info about recently played song in WMP titlebar. EvilLyrics tries to locate your WMP directory, puts the plugin file (np_plugin.dll) there and then writes some keys into registry to activate it. If any of this fails and EL is not able to fetch info from WMP, you can try to do it manually. Get this file
http://members.fortunecity.com/wilmahoney/downloads/np_plugin.zip
unzip it into your WMP directory (usually c:\program files\windows media player). Then run your WMP and Activate it manually in you Plugin section. If it works, name of the currently played song should appear in WMP window title. If it doesn't you may want to update your WMP 9 to the latest version using Windows Update)

Foobar plugin
Foobar developers changed soem things recently so since version 0.8 EvilLyrics stopped working with foobar. So we decided to use plugin for foobar to make it work. There already was plugin with behavior we required made by R1CH from www.r1ch.net. R1CH tweaked this plugin for us so there's no need to configure it manually.
EvilLyrics installer tries to detect foobar components folder (usually c:\program files\foobar2000\components\) and put the file foo_winamp_spam.dll there. If this fails, you can get this file from here
http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/foo_winamp_spam.zip
and unzip it into foobar's components folder.

Direct karaoke fetching
We understand that current way of importing karaoke is not very user friendly. So we decided to test direct karaoke importing - without need to open your browser. Now when you click on "mouth" icon, little menu appears where you can choose whether you want to import directly or you want to open list of available karaoke files on the webpage (method we used up to now).
Drawback is that without manual chacking you can sometimes import wrong karaoke file (when you're using winamp, imported karaoke lenght is checked against your mp3 lenght and if they are similar, file is imported without confirming dialog. when lenght differs substantially or you're using some other player, you have to confirm importing by clicking Yes in teh dialog)
Tell us whether you like it and if we should keep this functionality for next official build

get it here

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum
« on: June 29, 2004, 12:46:33 PM »

puckles
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 02:09:18 PM »

ok so i'm probably the olB   n@feature requestpuckles156.80.52.196o add a website to the ones evil lyrics searches?

there's a great site for tango lyrics (like i said, probably the only one who wants this) called Todo Tango - http://www.todotango.com

the only problem might be that it's not strictly a lyrics site, it's got hte bios and the history of songs...

the site's available in english or spanish...

thanks - great program!

the only other feature i might request would be a "search through available lyrics" or a way to search through the lyrics that have been downloaded for your music collection - to try and make funky playlists related to the songs' lyrics... heh...

Puck
Onyx
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 04:28:34 AM »

has anyone else noticed that by adding the song length and the wor 'playing' messes up the lyrics search?
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 04:33:52 AM »

eh. to add on to what i meant. on EvilLyrics.. towards the top.. where it says the band and song name, it automatically adds the song lenth and the word "playing". so when evillyrics searches for songs on sites or ones cached, it pulls up nothing an dyou have to delete the added information for it to work. i'm using winamp 2, so i don't know if it does this with all players,  ot just winamp3
ZeroPlus

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 05:51:54 AM »

Hi Marek

Wrong behavior when I put the mouse pointer over it changes the text to ?click this bar to resize?.? Ok I can live with that  Tongue

But while I was using it, I face with this situation:

My WinAmp is docked on the top of my screen and the EL?s karaoke bar in compact mode just a little lower under the WinAmp controls, so if I want to change the song using the mouse usually the mouse pointer pass over the karaoke bar and it show that text (?click this??).

So?, what is the big deal? Well it seems to be that EL saves the last thing that the karaoke bar was showing before it changes the text to ?click this...?, and when I change the song (winamp next button ), the karaoke bar does right to show the new song name, but it quickly changes back the text to the last thing it was showing before the text change to ?click this...? (Only if the new song doesn?t have a Kas)

Well that's all for now, I will do more testing of the new build.  wink
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 10:12:02 AM »

[quote="Anonymous&qoI   R@build 131 availableMarekevillabs@zoznam.sk 217.75.73.34ays the band and song name, it automatically adds the song lenth and the word "playing". so when evillyrics searches for songs on sites or ones cached, it pulls up nothing an dyou have to delete the added information for it to work. i'm using winamp 2, so i don't know if it does this with all players,  ot just winamp3[/quote]

try editing you title formatting in winamp ... if you enclose unneeded tags (time, playing status) in brackets and turn of the "filter barcketed text" option, this information gets filtered out. You can also get some more info from this article:
http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/faq/faq1.php?faqnr=58

EvilLyrics Developer
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 10:15:31 AM »

Quote from: ZeroPlus
So?, what is the big deal? Well it seems to be that EL saves the last thing that the karaoke bar was showing before it changes the text to ?click this...?, and when I change the song (winamp next button ), the karaoke bar does right to show the new song name, but it quickly changes back the text to the last thing it was showing before the text change to ?click this...? (Only if the new song doesn?t have a Kas)

thanks, i didn't think of that, it will be fixed. i understand that this message can be quite annoying for people who know bar can be resized. but on the other hand, i found that many people don't know it can be resized so i wanted to find the way to tell them. if anyone can come up with some different solution just post it here

EvilLyrics Developer
gollywog

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004, 05:04:03 PM »

Quote from: Marek

thanks, i didn't think of that, it will be fixed. i understand that this message can be quite annoying for people who know bar can be resized. but on the other hand, i found that many people don't know it can be resized so i wanted to find the way to tell them. if anyone can come up with some different solution just post it here

I found this changed behaviour very annoying too. Maybe it could show that text only when no karaoke is playing.
Nesi-San
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2004, 10:32:52 PM »

i've downloaded the new test version,
it detects Foobar 2000 as the player, but its Winamp 5.03..
i dont even have Foobar installed..
felipin-sioux

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2004, 07:43:42 PM »

Yes, new version is detecting Winamp as Foobar again.. Of course, it is a minimal bug. I hope that other bugfixes from build 129 to 130 weren't undone too..
I could test, but I didn't find the list of bugfixes on version 130..  cry

Oh, and the fetching of karaokes from the program is working very well..  wink
Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2004, 09:58:39 PM »

Im using WMP9 with win98SE. The np_plugin.dll dont work in this sistem ?
I downloaded but the WMP dont add the plugin.

Please, help me.

Jos Gonalves
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
ICQ # 312006034
felipin-sioux

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2004, 12:57:42 AM »

Jos,

although Marek is testing support for the np_plugin.dll, you can still use the old method, which is downloading a special skin. See this faq for the link and more details..
cad3nce
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2004, 02:57:28 AM »

I do not use the foobar plugin...to keep foobar working with evil lyrics all you have to do is have... [%_foobar2000_version%] somwhere in your main title formatting...hope this helps some people
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2004, 06:22:21 PM »

Quote from: cad3nce
I do not use the foobar plugin...to keep foobar working with evil lyrics all you have to do is have... [%_foobar2000_version%] somwhere in your main title formatting...hope this helps some people

only reason we had to introduce foobar plugin was that EL doesn't work with foobar when the latter one is minimized in tray. It fappens so since version 0.7 or so

EvilLyrics Developer
Tcmjr
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2004, 06:10:03 PM »

I already had 2 crashes using build 134. Sad
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  

Jump to: