EvilLyrics forum
September 22, 2018, 07:43:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: remote WinAmp  (Read 2368 times)
dhanford

« on: June 17, 2004, 10:07:50 PM »

Can EvilLyrics pull song data from WinAmp running on another machine?

I posted the webpage request, but I read in the forum that the new version of evil Lyrics will create a now playing html file.  I think this would work for my needs.

However, My WinAmp whole house audio server is a different machine from my web serving home automation control machine.

I can see this working two ways:
1) Have EL communicate with a remote instance of winAmp.
or
2) Have the nowplaying.htm file be saved in a configurable location, rather then the install directory. (This seems like the easier approach)
EvilLyrics forum
« on: June 17, 2004, 10:07:50 PM »

Cow-Tipper

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 01:53:48 PM »

im no coder or anything but from what it sounds like u want to do is to maybe post the current song playing on a website maybe, if that is teh case then the second option would be easier becasue then you could just make a small script saying to the (insert ip address) and  in c:\program files\evillyrics and get the "nowplaying.html" and post what it says.
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 02:44:56 PM »

i'm working right now on some kind of "blogging support" for evillyrics ... you will be able either manually or on each song change to post lyrics to specifc url. i'll also provide some example php scripts on how to save lyrics on your web page and how to include them in your current pages

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: