EvilLyrics forum
November 24, 2020, 01:14:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: (Dev) 129 & option 'Remove bracketed text'  (Read 1944 times)
ZeroPlus

« on: June 17, 2004, 07:11:12 AM »

Hi, I found this by using EL 0.1.7 build 129 & WinAMP 5.03

The option 'Remove bracketed text' in EL is mark by default in the preferences, but if you unmark it and in the audio player you pause or stop the current playing song, automatically changes the song name in EL by adding the word 'Pause' or 'Stopped' to the end of it.

And of course EL try?s to download the lyric (Almost never found it right with the extra word  Tongue), so you can end with 3 txt files of the same song in the cache folder.

Also I would like to make a suggestion about the behavior of this option:
If you unmark this option ?Remove bracketed text?, this should include the brackets along with the text inside of it as the title of the song. I could help in the karaoke?s posting & retrieve to identify what is the real title of the song and what is the extra info that the brackets have.
EvilLyrics forum
« on: June 17, 2004, 07:11:12 AM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 03:20:20 PM »

[quote="ZeroPlus&qutýéíìÒ@2Re: (Dev) 129 & option 'Remove bracketed text'Marekevillabs@zoznam.sk 217.75.73.34‹xt' in EL is mark by default in the preferences, but if you unmark it and in the audio player you pause or stop the current playing song, automatically changes the song name in EL by adding the word 'Pause' or 'Stopped' to the end of it.

And of course EL try?s to download the lyric (Almost never found it right with the extra word  Tongue), so you can end with 3 txt files of the same song in the cache folder.

Also I would like to make a suggestion about the behavior of this option:
If you unmark this option ?Remove bracketed text?, this should include the brackets along with the text inside of it as the title of the song. I could help in the karaoke?s posting & retrieve to identify what is the real title of the song and what is the extra info that the brackets have.[/quote]

yes .. taht was original idea behind removing text in the brackets (origibnally there wasn't option to turn this off). Actually it's hard for me to distinguish what's the part of the tag and what's added by player. I could filter some strings like [Paused] etc but i'm not sure if this is what you want.

as to your suggestion, i'm not really sure if i understand. can you rephrase please?

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: