EvilLyrics forum
August 25, 2019, 09:13:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: bug or virus ?  (Read 2155 times)
carouf73

« on: September 07, 2003, 03:13:51 AM »

Tested under XP Pro : I started a new session, and launched EvilLyrics (beta5) before launching WinAmp. The result was that there was no sound (I have an AC97 board). I had to shut down the computer and restart it (with Winamp before EvilLyrics) for sound to return. Anyone else experience this ?
EvilLyrics forum
« on: September 07, 2003, 03:13:51 AM »

atherworld

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2003, 04:02:29 PM »

No, But I find it best to use it after Winamp.  Well, the rpeviosu version.  The new one won't install.  But run your virus checker just to be safe.
carouf73

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2003, 05:43:44 PM »

I had checked with my antivirus, I was clean, so it probably isn't the cause (can't ever be 100% sure with those nasty things...)

As for your install problem, maybe it is due to the fact that according to the changelog, it now accesses the internet to fetch extra files (it did this during my install). Maybe you have a firewall that is a bit too tight and didn't allow this procedure to work ?
atherworld

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 04:08:14 PM »

Maybe.  But ti usualyl pops up a window sayign a program is trying to access the Net, and it neevr does when installing.  I'll deactivate it and see if that helps.
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: