EvilLyrics forum
November 21, 2019, 03:16:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.1.7 hanging  (Read 3034 times)
ASk
« on: May 19, 2004, 06:34:05 PM »

Sometimes, when it tries to download song lyrics, it appears to hang at "downloading..." stage, possibly because of the site not responding. The connection is DSL, so I doubt it's the culprit

I have Norton Internet Security running, however it is set to allow EvilLyrics to connect, and besides, it hangs randomly even when I disable it.

Can something be done?
EvilLyrics forum
« on: May 19, 2004, 06:34:05 PM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 02:30:29 PM »

Quote from: ASk
Sometimes, when it tries to download song lyrics, it appears to hang at "downloading..." stage, possibly because of the site not responding. The connection is DSL, so I doubt it's the culprit

I have Norton Internet Security running, however it is set to allow EvilLyrics to connect, and besides, it hangs randomly even when I disable it.

Can something be done?

possibly one of the sites in our filter list was down at the moment ... if you can specify that site (does its name show in statusbar during downloading?) and if it's not temporary downtime we can exclude that site from the list

EvilLyrics Developer
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 07:47:28 AM »

Sorry, it just shows 'Downloading...'
I would tell you more if I had the details Sad

What I can tell you, is that old versions of EvilLyrics froze as well
Now, this is a fresh reinstall of Windows, but the bug still remains.

It -could- be a fluke in the HTTP protocol, what I've noticed is that sometimes, during web surfing, the currently loaded website is delegated to 'waiting for response' status, and refreshing is needed to make it load

Since EvilLyrics is single-threaded, looks like it hits something similar to that, and probably waits until timeout, but god knows how long it takes.
thedude
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 11:40:39 PM »

This happened to me too once.  It connected to sing365.com and downloaded half the file and then stopped for a minute or two. I thought maybe the server was stuck so I tried another song but it wouldn't connect, it still showed the download progress for the previous song. I kept changing songs but it still wouldn't connect.  I finally closed the Evillyrics program and tried to start it back up but it wouldn't.  Nothing happened when I double clicked the shortcut icon.  The only way it would start back up is if I closed and re-opened Winamp.  Then it was downloading again.  I'm using WinXP SP1 and EL 1.7 build 134

Also, none of the buttons in the Preferences titlebar work in EL. The minimize, maximize and close button do not work.  Seems like a nice program.  I hope it gets better and better.  Maybe in the future players like Winamp will integrate this into their program.
guilhermemoro

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 06:13:11 AM »

I have experienced some problems that indicate that EvilLyrics is a single threaded program...it hangs everytime i have some problem with my Dial-up connection ....

in the "About" of the program says
"EvilLyrics is free software, if you would like to appreciate our work you may donate in Donation page of our website."
Free here means freeware not open source correct? please.. if you can changes this....

thanks.......
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: