EvilLyrics forum
September 19, 2019, 11:21:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: iTunes Karaoke problem  (Read 4178 times)
haiironezumi

« on: April 23, 2004, 07:02:43 AM »

I can't seem to get the karaoke feature of EvilLyrics to work properly.

I am using iTunes 4.2 and EvilLyrics 0.1.7 (EvilyLyrics downloaded today)

When I get the *.kas file the highlighting appears on the lyrics but it just sits on the first lines of the song.

I have tried stopping the song and starting to play it again, but to no avail. Any ideas on how to get it to work?

Also when I am trying to create a *.kas file I go into Karaoke mode, stop the song, start it and then hit the down key in EvilLyrics but it doesn't do anything, the highlighted line stays at the top and no saved position is registered.
EvilLyrics forum
« on: April 23, 2004, 07:02:43 AM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 09:57:56 AM »

Yes .. this is really a bug .. i just found out. Itunes plugin simulates Winamp API but does not provide all the information that Winamp does so what happens here is that it always sends the information that the position in the song is 0 seconds.

We'll try to fix it in the next build. Thanks

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilDude
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 09:07:51 AM »

This was why I installed EvilLyrics, hoping it could get the exact location and make sync lyrics but it can't Sad

I checked all the iTunes API and cannot find any more accuracy then seconds in it! I am working on my own iLyric program to display sync lyrics, and has .1 accuracy, but it has to "guess" what time iTunes is upto as iTunes only gives seconds...

Good luck, and hope you do get EvilLyrics working with iTunes, coz I'll be sure to use it then! Cheesy

- Prashant / EvilDude
prashant.is.here@gmail.com
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 09:40:11 AM »

Quote from: EvilDude
This was why I installed EvilLyrics, hoping it could get the exact location and make sync lyrics but it can't Sad

I checked all the iTunes API and cannot find any more accuracy then seconds in it! I am working on my own iLyric program to display sync lyrics, and has .1 accuracy, but it has to "guess" what time iTunes is upto as iTunes only gives seconds...

Good luck, and hope you do get EvilLyrics working with iTunes, coz I'll be sure to use it then! Cheesy

- Prashant / EvilDude
prashant.is.here@gmail.com

itunes plugin is made by loc[a]lhost from www.aqua-soft.org forums .. try to find him there .. if more people requests this feature, he can possibly implement it in the new version of his plugin

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: