EvilLyrics forum
September 22, 2018, 07:19:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Media Player 9  (Read 3484 times)
Lugwalker

« on: May 13, 2004, 04:35:52 PM »

I've just installed EvilLyrics 1.7.  As suggested, I attempted to download LJClassic.wmz in order to make EL work with WMP 9.  After clicking on a link from one of Marek's replies to a posting, I got the usual download sequence but then a box opened up in WMP saying:

Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.

I did a search of my computer files but found that LJClassic.wmz was nowhere to be found.  Was the link good, and if not, where can I get the file?

Anyone out there see what the problem might be?  Thank you.

Dell Dimension 2400
Celeron 2.2GHz
512 mb ram
80 gb HD
EvilLyrics forum
« on: May 13, 2004, 04:35:52 PM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 04:55:40 PM »

use link from this FAQ article http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/faq/faq1.php?faqnr=19

if direct opening won't work, try to save file and then open it. don't forget to "apply" skin in wmp

EvilLyrics Developer
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 09:20:10 PM »

Alas, I get the same results from that link.  Media Player appears in compact mode when the download attempt starts, with the message:

Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.

The download doesn't seem to complete, because the file just doesn't arrive on my computer.  Baffled!
gollywog

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 09:44:12 PM »

Quote from: Anonymous
Alas, I get the same results from that link.  Media Player appears in compact mode when the download attempt starts, with the message:

The download doesn't seem to complete, because the file just doesn't arrive on my computer.  Baffled!

I think you're still trying to open the file directly. Did you try downloading it to disk as Marek suggested?

Here's the link again:

http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/LJClassic.wmz

You have to right click on the link and select "Save target as..." (in IE), and a dialog box will open up asking you where you want to save the file.

Just browse to a location where you can find it later, and click on save. Once the download is finished, go to the directory you had selected and check if the file has indeed downloaded.

Usually double clicking on the skin file, will launch WMP with the skin applied. If that does not work, try copying the skin file into the "Skins" directory in the Windows Media Player program folder.

It usually is:

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\Skins\

Then start Windows Media Player and go to the skins section. It should be listed there. Select it and click on "Apply Skin".
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 12:07:20 AM »

Thank you, Gollywog, for the clarification.  I did as you indicated, and now all is well.  And thank you, Marek, for your assistance.

What a great tool EvilLyrics is!  I'm very impressed.

Cheesy
gollywog

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 02:06:32 AM »

I'm glad to hear it worked, and glad we could help. Smiley
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: