EvilLyrics forum
July 18, 2019, 06:57:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Karaoke Timer free runs, won't zero when making new Karaoke  (Read 3217 times)
greyOtter
« on: May 09, 2004, 02:33:36 AM »

I bring up MusicMatch and start / stop the song enough to get the lyrics.

I start Karaoke recording.  Immediately EvilLyrics (bottom left corner of window)  starts counting up from 0:00 and by this time I'm already off 5 or more seconds between restarting the song to start timestamp recording.

I stop the song in my player and then I stop Karaoke recording.

I restart Karaoke recording.

The timer is now into 1:30 or more because it's abviously not resetting itself to 0:00.

Anyone esle experience this?
EvilLyrics forum
« on: May 09, 2004, 02:33:36 AM »

biggbuckz4life

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 12:30:03 AM »

This happens to me too... i also use musicmatch.... thought i just didn't know what i was doing
felixdacat

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 10:22:57 PM »

Just posted this msg. and was looking to see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing. I am using Windows Media Player.

How the hell do I get the times to synchronize between my player and Evil Lyrics in Karaoke recording mode? As soon as I download the lyrics the time starts on the recording mode and when I press stop on the Windows Media player the time does not reset in the Evil Lyrics Karaoke Recording Mode. By the time I download lyrics and start song in player 10 seconds or so have already passed, making it impossible to synchronize times. Should the time reset in EvilLyrics window when I press stop then play in Windows Media Player? I've downloaded and installed all the updates. I love your software, it's awesome! It's the coolest thing I have ever seen! Love the added chord search to. If anyone knows how to do this please write me a line.
Thanks.
P.S. I have a cable modem so speed of download is not the problem.

Sex, Drugs and Rock-n-Roll -
                                        still have 1 out of 3 - Thank God for Rock-n-Roll
gollywog

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 01:53:32 PM »

Quote from: felixdacat
How the hell do I get the times to synchronize between my player and Evil Lyrics in Karaoke recording mode? As soon as I download the lyrics the time starts on the recording mode and when I press stop on the Windows Media player the time does not reset in the Evil Lyrics Karaoke Recording Mode. By the time I download lyrics and start song in player 10 seconds or so have already passed, making it impossible to synchronize times. Should the time reset in EvilLyrics window when I press stop then play in Windows Media Player? I've downloaded and installed all the updates. I love your software, it's awesome! It's the coolest thing I have ever seen! Love the added chord search to. If anyone knows how to do this please write me a line.
Thanks.
P.S. I have a cable modem so speed of download is not the problem.

EvilLyrics will only reset the Karaoke timer if it detects a song change (i.e when the title of the currently playing song changes).

So when you're trying to make a Karaoke using Windows Media Player, use this procedure.

• Start with an empty playlist
  • Turn on "Repeat" so the playback will loop back to the first song when it reaches the end of the playlist.
  • Play the song you're trying to make the Karaoke for and and let EL download the correct lyrics and save it in the cache.
  • Add another song to the playlist. (One that has a different title)
  • Start playing that song. If EL tries to download the lyrics to that song, wait until its done.
  • Go into offline mode. (This step is optional. Do it only if you don't want EL to submit the Karaoke until you're satisfied with it).
  • Then go into Karaoke mode in EL, while it is still playing the other song.
  • Now, play the next track (The one you want to make the Karaoke for).Make sure the EL Karaoke timer is showing the correct time.
  • Make your Karaoke. Wait until the song has finished playing and loops back to the first song.
  • When it does EL will ask you if you want to save the Karaoke timestamps. If you're satisfied with it, then save it.
  • Check your Karaoke. Correct any minor timing errors using the editor in ELLO.
  • Go into online mode if not already, & post your Karaoke.

Ofcourse you could avoid all this and use Winamp to make your Karaoke, because from build 126 onwards EL can detect playback status and  the position of the seekbar in Winamp. Wink
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 08:48:14 PM »

thanks gollywog. just as was said, with some player evillyrics only detect song beginnig/end when song title changes. So the best method for recording karaoke with these players is to have more songs loaded in your playlist ... go to the previous song, move slider almost to the end of that song. Then move to the EvilLyrics and wait until your song starts ... you can start recording karaoke. When another song in the playlist starts, you should be asked to save karaoke file. It is also recommended to have lyrics to the song already download (stored in cache)

We're working on advanced method of song detecting also for other players than winamp but until it's done, you can only use this method for karaoke recording Sad

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: