EvilLyrics forum
September 21, 2019, 03:38:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Error in Karaoke recording  (Read 2117 times)
rlc

« on: April 15, 2005, 02:17:32 AM »

OK,  I have looked throuhư­8_BQError in Karaoke recordingrlcrlcjr_2002@yahoo.com 66.32.75.127 website searching for a solution. with that said, here is my problem

When trying to record a karaoke, EvilLyrics refuses to start at 0:00:00.  It will start anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds ALREADY in the time bar.  The website says to make sure the time in WMP AND the EvilLyrics time bar is synchronized, but DOES NOT say how to synch the two.  Also the karaoke bar will move even when the song is NOT playing.

I have WMP 9, a 1.3ghz processor, with 384MB's of memory, running XP Pro.

I have used EvilLyrics for over a year and it is a VERY GOOD program.  I just recently tried to do a karaoke file with the above listed results.
I have also printed out the instructions from the website on how to create a Karaoke file.  I did have Build 127, and updated to Build 138, but the probelm exists with both versions.

To me, it seems that EvilLyrics is ignoring the time shown on the WMP status bar and using the time stamps from the recording only, regardless of whether the song is playing or not.  If I stop the song, the karaoke line keeps moving as if the song were still playing.  Also if you don't start the song precisely and the same moment, (which is extremely difficult to do) the karaoke line gets out of time.

If anyone has had these problems or know a solution to it, I would appreciate your input.  

Thank you,
rlc
EvilLyrics forum
« on: April 15, 2005, 02:17:32 AM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 11:22:16 AM »

Yes, EvilLyrics is optimized for Winamp, as only Winamp offers easy way to fetch time information. For any other players, EvilLyrics only counts time since last song change, i.e. when one song ends and another one starts the timer is reset and starts to count from zero.

Recommended method (which i just tested with wmp 9) is putting more songs besides one you want to make karaoke in your playlist. Then change to the song before the song you want to make karaoke for. Then use slider to move near the end of that previous song. When your song starts to play, times should be synchronized.

If you have some plugins installed that show upcoming song title before song is actually played this will probably not work.

So .. conclusion ... EvilLyrics works with many players but i would recommend creating karaoke files with Winamp .. it may work with other players too ... but it's not guaranteed

EvilLyrics Developer
rlc

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 10:59:41 PM »

thank you EvilLyrics Developer,

It seems that I need to download Winamp  since EvilLyrics is optimized for that program.  It would ultimately prove itself easier to syncronize the two.

Much appreciation,
rlc
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: