EvilLyrics forum
September 21, 2019, 11:14:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Redundant Lyric Files  (Read 4528 times)
AmIEvilLyrics
« on: April 29, 2004, 08:05:13 AM »

First off, my player of choice is foobar2000 but since I can't do without EvilLyrics, I was forced to use MediaMonkey, the only one that works perfectly with EvilLyrics.

Now regarding the bug (using either foobar2000 or Winamp), when I try to play the same song by the same artist from different albums, EvilLyrics tries to download another lyric file instead of using just one for the two same songs. So what I get is a bunch of redundant lyric files.

Example:
Song 1: Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix, The Ultimate Experience)
Song 2: Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix, The Jimi Hendrix Experience [Box Set])
Lyrics 1: Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze.txt
Lyrics 2: Jimi Hendrix - _01_ Purple Haze _foobar2000 v0.8.1_.txt

I hope this could be fix 'coz I really miss foobar2000! Thanks...
EvilLyrics forum
« on: April 29, 2004, 08:05:13 AM »

AmIEvilLyrics
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 08:39:24 AM »

Hmmnn... When I changed the album tag (removing the square bracket), EvilLyrics seems to find its way. Still it's pretty annoying that EvilLyrics can't handle square brackets. I tried to use curly brackets and it works!  cheesy  What is it with square brackets? rolleyes

Tag 1: The Jimi Hendrix Experience [Box Set] - EvilLyrics doesn't work
Tag 2: The Jimi Hendrix Experience (Box Set) - EvilLyrics does work
Tag 3: The Jimi Hendrix Experience {Box Set} - EvilLyrics does work
gollywog

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 09:48:36 AM »

I have had the same problem with Foobar2000 if my album tag contains square brackets.

After a lot of experimenting with the formatting string in Foobar, I finally settled on this:

[%artist% - ]$if(%title%,%title%,)     '['%_foobar2000_version%']'

This completely eliminates displaying the album title, and EL can work normally. Unless you absolutely need the album information displayed in the title, I suggest you use this string.

I hope next versions of EL can handle nested square brackets in the title properly.  wink
AmIEvilLyrics
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 12:29:17 AM »

You're right gollywog. I guess we'll have to do away with the album tag for the meantime. Long live EvilLyrics!  Cheesy
AmIEvil
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 05:05:13 AM »

EvilLyrics can't parse slash and ampersand on artist and title tags and probably other special characters as well.  huh

Be back with more error reporting.  Cool
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 12:46:54 PM »

Quote from: gollywog
I have had the same problem with Foobar2000 if my album tag contains square brackets.

After a lot of experimenting with the formatting string in Foobar, I finally settled on this:

[%artist% - ]$if(%title%,%title%,)     '['%_foobar2000_version%']'

This completely eliminates displaying the album title, and EL can work normally. Unless you absolutely need the album information displayed in the title, I suggest you use this string.

I hope next versions of EL can handle nested square brackets in the title properly.  wink

current version of EL doesn't consider nested brackets ... but brackets {} have highest priority so it's best to put everything you don't want to appear in evillyrics in such brackets

EvilLyrics Developer
gollywog

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 08:02:49 PM »

Quote from: Marek

current version of EL doesn't consider nested brackets ... but brackets {} have highest priority so it's best to put everything you don't want to appear in evillyrics in such brackets

Thank you for replying Marek!

I used curly braces ( {} ) like you said, and it worked perfectly! Cheesy

Now my formatting string looks like this:

[%artist% - ]$if(%title%,[{%album%[ #[%disc%/]$num(%tracknumber%,2)]} ]%title%,%_filename_ext%)     '['%_foobar2000_version%']'

This puts the entire album name into curly braces. Problem solved!!!

Thanks again Smiley
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: