EvilLyrics forum
May 21, 2019, 09:05:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Uable to install  (Read 1926 times)
Casper Clausen
« on: April 14, 2004, 12:31:08 AM »

When I try to install the program it is not able to download the different files. I have downloaded vb6 runtime library but when I run the program and pres preferences i get a "Runtime error '53': File not found".

Do I need install anything else? What is the reason I can't download the files? I am behind a proxy, is that why?
EvilLyrics forum
« on: April 14, 2004, 12:31:08 AM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 06:55:58 PM »

Quote from: Casper Clausen
When I try to install the program it is not able to download the different files. I have downloaded vb6 runtime library but when I run the program and pres preferences i get a "Runtime error '53': File not found".

Do I need install anything else? What is the reason I can't download the files? I am behind a proxy, is that why?

did you try with development build? error 53 is related to firewall ... it should be fixed in latest development build so it won't show the error but i'm not sure whether it will be able to search for lyrics ... depends on type of proxy you are using

EvilLyrics Developer
Casper Clausen
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »

Well the error is gone btMe~@well the error is goneCasper Clausen192.38.208.184 a proxy so I don't know where the problem lies. Any suggestions?

Anyway I have a suggestion(other that fixing the firewall/proxy problem ):

Not everyone uses the Artist - Title format; I don't for one. My suggestion is that you make it possible to use other formats that the used inputs by himself. If you don't know what I mean you can look at winamp 5. It has that feature, but the other way around. The used should be able the write something like this:

%artist% - %album% - %tracknumber% - %title%

and the program should be able to resolve it into the format that it needs to made the best search. As I recall it isn't that hard to make in Visual Basic, as I am guessing you are using. I don't remember the specifics in VB but in Java the way to do it is to make a stringTokenizer of some sort. Anyways, I am sure you have though of it before but i just wanted to mentien it.
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 12:58:37 PM »

[quote="Casper ClaueMj~@Re: well the error is goneMarekevillabs@zoznam.sk 217.75.73.34both a firewall and a proxy so I don't know where the problem lies. Any suggestions?

Anyway I have a suggestion(other that fixing the firewall/proxy problem ):

Not everyone uses the Artist - Title format; I don't for one. My suggestion is that you make it possible to use other formats that the used inputs by himself. If you don't know what I mean you can look at winamp 5. It has that feature, but the other way around. The used should be able the write something like this:

%artist% - %album% - %tracknumber% - %title%

and the program should be able to resolve it into the format that it needs to made the best search. As I recall it isn't that hard to make in Visual Basic, as I am guessing you are using. I don't remember the specifics in VB but in Java the way to do it is to make a stringTokenizer of some sort. Anyways, I am sure you have though of it before but i just wanted to mentien it.[/quote]

yes .. i know what title formatting is ... and we have large section about it on our webpage ... it would all work in case all mp3 files were properly tagged, which with most users is just not true.

evillyrics still assumes title is in artist - song format, if you want to use other fields put them in the brackets ... http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/faq/faq1.php?faqnr=58

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: