EvilLyrics forum
December 14, 2019, 01:57:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Karaoke bar positioning problem (08/04 build)  (Read 5356 times)
gollywog
Jr. Member
**

Karma: 0
Posts: 65


« on: April 10, 2004, 10:37:15 AM »

I am facing a weird problem.  After I've positioned the Karaoke bar where I've wanted, when I click on it to hide the title bar, it actually changes position and comes a bit lower than where I had placed it. I don't know what causes this huh I haven't faced this problem before with any other build.
Logged
EvilLyrics forum
« on: April 10, 2004, 10:37:15 AM »

 Logged
gollywog
Jr. Member
**

Karma: 0
Posts: 65


« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 10:30:38 AM »

Just wanted to add that this issue persists in development build 125 (14-04-2004).
Logged
Marek
Administrator
Hero Member
*****

Karma: 8
Posts: 795


« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 11:06:47 AM »

Quote from: gollywog
Just wanted to add that this issue persists in development build 125 (14-04-2004).


what exacly is happening? it's supposed only to lose borders ... so the inner part is supposed to stay on the place ...

so ... does the inner part move? if you try to hide/show borders couple of times does it move across the screen? about how many pixels? and what direction?

thanks
Logged

EvilLyrics Developer
gollywog
Jr. Member
**

Karma: 0
Posts: 65


« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 12:13:49 PM »

Quote from: Marek

what exacly is happening?

I have attached two screenshots so that you can see exactly what is happening. The first screenshot has been taken with the Karaoke bar having borders. The second is taken after clicking on it to remove the borders. The Evillyrics window is in the background so you can see the Karaoke bar changing position with respect to it.

Quote from: Marek
it's supposed only to lose borders ... so the inner part is supposed to stay on the place ...

so ... does the inner part move?

As you can see from the screen shot, the inner part which is supposed to stay in place when you hide the borders, does indeed move!

Quote from: Marek
if you try to hide/show borders couple of times does it move across the screen? about how many pixels? and what direction?

thanks

If I keep clicking on it, it will keep changing position coming downwards and little to the right, each time. I have no way of ascertaining how many pixels, but as you can see from the screenshot it travels a considerable distance downwards and to the right. If I continually click on it, eventually it will travel to the bottom right of my screen.

This has been taken before clicking on it


This has been taken after clicking
Logged
Marek
Administrator
Hero Member
*****

Karma: 8
Posts: 795


« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 12:18:36 PM »

Thanks for detailed report gollywog ... it probably has something to do with theme you are using? is it standard windows theme or you are using some Window Blins or some other theming software?

And ... does similar behavior apply to conpac mode switching? when you switch to compact mode (right click in evillyircs window) and back does the window move ... i mean "travel" ?

thanks
Logged

EvilLyrics Developer
gollywog
Jr. Member
**

Karma: 0
Posts: 65


« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 12:38:09 PM »

Quote from: Marek
Thanks for detailed report gollywog ... it probably has something to do with theme you are using? is it standard windows theme or you are using some Window Blins or some other theming software?

And ... does similar behavior apply to conpac mode switching? when you switch to compact mode (right click in evillyircs window) and back does the window move ... i mean "travel" ?

thanks


I am not using any software such as Window Blinds, but I am using a non standard theme and I have patched my uxtheme.dll to allow non-Microsoft themes. I tried the Windows XP default theme to see if the problem goes away, but that didn't seem to make a difference. In any case I have used this very theme with previous builds of Evillyrics without any problems. This particular problem started only with the 08/04 build.

Switching to compact mode works as expected without any problems. The Evillyrics window stays where it was before switching.
Logged
Excessive
Guest
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 03:13:10 PM »

I`ve got the same problem. But the moving distance of the karaoke bar is much bigger on my pc.
Logged
Anonymous
Guest
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004, 06:39:39 AM »

I am having the same problem (though it 'travels' up across the screen)

Using latest version (0.1.7)

Hopefully you will able to duplicate or find the problem  Cheesy  Cheesy
Logged
gollywog
Jr. Member
**

Karma: 0
Posts: 65


« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2004, 09:52:36 AM »

Marek has assured me that he is working on a solution for this problem.  Hopefully it will be sorted out soon. Cheesy
Logged
iamjoe :)
Guest
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 03:27:33 AM »

Quote from: iamjoe
I am having the same problem (though it 'travels' up across the screen)

Using latest version (0.1.7)

Hopefully you will able to duplicate or find the problem  Cheesy  Cheesy


Quote from: gollywog
Marek has assured me that he is working on a solution for this problem.  Hopefully it will be sorted out soon. Cheesy


Yes the Kararoke feature is quite useful.  In the meantime, this bug is not major, major but hopefully canbe easily fixed.
Logged
greenkid336600
Guest
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2004, 06:55:57 AM »

I've had the same problem with Windows 98 Plus!, but it puts the bar higher than the framed box is
Logged
Anonymous
Guest
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2004, 10:50:49 AM »

I've also had the same problem....
i've placed the bar up to bottom right to my window and when i clicked the title it disappeared now the bar is nowhere to be seen now >_<......help
Logged
gollywog
Jr. Member
**

Karma: 0
Posts: 65


« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2004, 02:31:42 PM »

Quote from: Anonymous
I've also had the same problem....
i've placed the bar up to bottom right to my window and when i clicked the title it disappeared now the bar is nowhere to be seen now >_<......help


Make sure EL is not running and delete the settings.txt file in the EL program directory. When you restart EL it will load the default settings. You may have to reconfigure your preferences.
Logged
EvilLyrics forum
   

 Logged
Pages: 1
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines | Calendar EvilLyrics