EvilLyrics forum
October 18, 2019, 12:04:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: ELLO RC3!! - Test it!!  (Read 5322 times)
felipin-sioux

« on: April 10, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »

Edit: []?Lw@6ELLO RC3!! - Test it!!felipin-siouxfetago@ig.com.br200.100.41.215@|ersion of Ello is done.

There are nice new features in it, and I hope everybody likes them.

Let me start with the features:

- New karaoke detection
ELLO now can detects which karaokes are avaliable for download, and displays a different icon for them. So, while you are browsing your lyrics, you can easily identify which lyrics you have the .kas file downloaded or is avaliable for download. It uses same method as EvilLyrics does.

- More information about your database
Not only Lyrics and Timestamps info is shown in ELLO.. You will see the number of lyrics you have, the number of timestamps you have downloaded, the number of timestamps that are avaliable for you to download, and the percentage of your songs that already have karaoke avaliable!

- 6 different icons
With the new detection system, you can see 6 different icons in your llist (plus the artist/band one). Icons shows the songs you only have the lyrics, songs that karaoke are avaliable and songs that karaoke are downloaded.. And all of these icons have the filtered/unfiltered identification. So there are 6 different icons. But, don't worry! there is a window with the description of all of them.

- Options window
Customization is the key of a good software! Now, you can customize some settings in ELLO. All these settings can produce a considerable difference in load time/memory usage. If you don't want some feature, or don't use it (example: the karaoke editor) you can disable it.
The avaliable options are: Enable search feature, on-type search, check for unfiltered songs, check for karaoke avaliable, load karaoke editor.

- About box
Now the lack of an about box displaying version information is gone. ELLO now have an aboutbox, which shows version number, release date and features a "check for update" button.
Versioning of ELLO has been changed. As I don't have an official changelog of older versions, this version will be determined as the 0.4.0, and next versions will follow these numbers.

Changes/Improvements:

- Karaoke editor
Karaoke editor values now loop through each other. So, if you are going down in the seconds field, and you reach the min value, it won't stop scrolling. The minutes will be subtracted by one and you the seconds will loop again to 59..

- Better listing method
The method for the lyrics searching was improved. It is now more reliable and faster (I hope). It will now properly detect the "_" folder and also offers support to the "Single Folder" cache organization.

- Allow only one instance
Some users have reported errors when they opened more than one instance of ELLO, so now it allows only one instace.. If other is about to be opened, a beep will be played and it will close itself.

- No word-wrap in textbox
I added a horizontal scrollbar in the textbox, so the lyrics won't wrap to the other line. Unfortunately, it can't be hidden if it isn't used. So, do you like that textbox with or without word-wrapping? (waiting for opinions)

Fixes:

- Crash on bad tagged files
With there were files in the folders which didn't follow the "artist - band" title, ELLO would crash in some occasions.

- _ Folder
Now it normally detects songs stored in the _ Folder

Cheesy  Hm, and many other small things that I can't remember right now.

The ReleaseCanditate version is already avaliable for download. I ask everybody to download and test it (try to crash it), before official version gets released.
In this RC version, the "check for updates" button is deactivated, but it is already done. Just can't implement it right now (3 a.m.)

I'm also working on new FAQs explaining the new functions.

I hope everybody likes it. Keep your eyes open this week because new

version of EvilLyrics is about to be released!!

(Ello 0.4.0 Release Canditate is attached to this post)
EvilLyrics forum
« on: April 10, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »

gollywog

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 12:14:07 PM »

I just tried it. Love all of the new features.  Cheesy

But detection for folders beginning with numbers has still not been implemented.   Sad

I think that's the only shortcoming I can think of right now. I hope that's implemented soon. Thank you for all your work! Cheesy
Arteekay
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 07:42:17 PM »

Usual kudos apply, great software and thanks muchly for your efforts! wink

One thing that causes me to drop out of ELLO and fire up a file manager is that it's time consuming to delete all the songs by a particular artist. It's "select song, hit delete, select next song, repeat until all songs are gone and artist disappears".

Would it be possible to impliment a feature by which when an artist/folder is selected the delete button still works... Maybe with a confirmation that you actually want to delete all the songs by that artist, etc. Alternately, a context menu on the tree view would speed things up as well.

Just grabbed the newest version, slick!

arteekay
felipin-sioux

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 11:16:22 PM »

[quote="gollywog&qut?&dx@6ELLO RC3!! - Test it!!felipin-siouxfetago@ig.com.br200.207.171.235wrs beginning with numbers has still not been implemented.   Sad

I think that's the only shortcoming I can think of right now. I hope that's implemented soon. Thank you for all your work! Cheesy[/quote]

Are you sure it isn't working? Actually, it doesn't detect folders starting with numbers, it detects the folder "_", where all lyrics starting with a number are stored (at least I thought that's the way it worked).. If it isn't, tell me..

Would it be possible to impliment a feature by which when an artist/folder is selected the delete button still works... Maybe with a confirmation that you actually want to delete all the songs by that artist, etc. Alternately, a context menu on the tree view would speed things up as well.

Ok.. never thought that would be useful, but i'll implement this.. Anyway, it would be to risky (because of possible bugs) to add this in this version. Expect it to the 0.4.1, which won't take to long to be released
gollywog

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 04:11:36 AM »

Quote from: felipin-sioux
Quote from: gollywog
But detection for folders beginning with numbers has still not been implemented.   Sad

I think that's the only shortcoming I can think of right now. I hope that's implemented soon. Thank you for all your work! Cheesy

Are you sure it isn't working? Actually, it doesn't detect folders starting with numbers, it detects the folder "_", where all lyrics starting with a number are stored (at least I thought that's the way it worked).. If it isn't, tell me..

It detects the "_" folder correctly. I put some test files in that folder and they show up fine in ELLO.

Somewhere along the way I think separate folders for storing artists whose names begin with numbers was introduced (I don't remember the build it was introduced in).

So if I have a song by "10000 Maniacs" it will be stored in a folder named "1", a folder named "3" for "3 Doors Down" and so on. These artists and their songs don't show up.

I am using the 08.04.2004 dev. build BTW.
felipin-sioux

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 04:24:29 AM »

Oh yes, you were right.. I don't remember seeing this change in the changelog.. Maybe it is a bug, maybe it is not.. Hm, I'll have to work on a more reliable way to find the folders.. something better than doing workarounds for folders that aren't A-Z..

I'll try to work on this tomorrow.. Thanks for the info  Cheesy
felipin-sioux

RC2
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 10:32:29 PM »

All right.. Release Cn?]y@6RC2felipin-siouxfetago@ig.com.br200.100.41.219y@l />New folder detection
I've changed whole procedure for the system which searches for the subfolders and the songs. This will permanently fix the bug of some folders not being detected, as now it uses a generic routine (the folders aren't hardcoded in a loop)

New rule for EL detection
A new rule for detecting EvilLyrics installation and settings, which has higher priority than others, was added. Now it can properly detect EvilLyrics if you have more than one installed. In the previous version, it was detecting only the last installation, no matter in which folder it was located..

Check for updates button enabled
I've enabled the check for updates button, so now you can see how it will work and give some suggestions/feedback. The page says that the latest version is the 0.4.0, so don't worry if you see that you don't have latest version when you click there with the RC2 version..

Cheesy

I was talking to Marek and we were thinking of improving the "Lists" feature in ELLO. We want to take away the "drag-n-drop" thing and add a button to communicate to EL.. But, i was wondering: does someone really use it? Tell me if you use and how you like it

Thanks
gollywog

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 01:47:41 AM »

I just tried RC 2.

Brilliant!

Even the number folders are detected. All my songs now show up!

Good Work Cheesy
felipin-sioux

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 01:34:18 AM »

RC3

Changes from RC2

* Edit button was substituted by Save and Save As.. so now you can create new lyrics through ELLO and let it save in the correct folder of your lyrics database. Also, the textbox is no longer locked, so you can type there at any time, no matter if lyrics are displayed or not.. (actually I like locked boxes, but it was the only way to add the "save as" at any time for the program)..

- Fixed crash when artist names had only numbers

- Fixed crash when trying to save over a read-only file..

Test it and give me some feedback. Try to crash it[b/]..  Most probably bugs may be caused by *imprevisible* combination of searches-deletes-edits-updates-searches-saves-etc...
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: