EvilLyrics forum
May 27, 2019, 07:19:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: April 1st BUG w/Tray mode  (Read 2276 times)
Anonymous
« on: April 02, 2004, 05:38:57 PM »

I really think the instal),m@April 1st BUG w/Tray mode   Anonymous192.117.244.150talled EL, launched and openned the options to uncheck the tray mode. Somehow, I'm not sure if I moved to another programmed, or just minimized EL, but my window disappeared and there wasn't any taskbar button to restore it, nor a tray icon - after I unchecked its option, it's gone leaving no other means to call EL.
I couldn't even start EL again to show its window...(it told me it's already running) and I had to "End Task" to it by Alt-Ctrl-Del...

Two things in my opinion:
1) Installation should default EL to a normal taskbar button, and only if user wants to - a tray icon. Also, when having an icon and then unchecking it, it should immidiately show a taskbar button, and not only on next launch, or if it's impossible, then it should relaunch itself after that option.
2) Detecting an existing instance and not openning a new one is good, but instead of showing an error, EL should behave like most programs and bring the existant window to the foreground.

Thank you! This development version seems very very good!
EvilLyrics forum
« on: April 02, 2004, 05:38:57 PM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 07:53:16 PM »

[quote="Anonymous&qo3,m@Re: April 1st BUG w/Tray modeMarekevillabs@zoznam.sk 217.75.73.34installed EL, launched and openned the options to uncheck the tray mode. Somehow, I'm not sure if I moved to another programmed, or just minimized EL, but my window disappeared and there wasn't any taskbar button to restore it, nor a tray icon - after I unchecked its option, it's gone leaving no other means to call EL.
I couldn't even start EL again to show its window...(it told me it's already running) and I had to "End Task" to it by Alt-Ctrl-Del...
[/quote]

i always thought EvilLyrics is not in tray mode by default. it wasn't supposed to. thanks for telling me.

sure .. if you restart explorer.exe all tray icons get removed so it's hard to revoke any application that only has tray icon to operate.

Two things in my opinion:
1) Installation should default EL to a normal taskbar button, and only if user wants to - a tray icon. Also, when having an icon and then unchecking it, it should immidiately show a taskbar button, and not only on next launch, or if it's impossible, then it should relaunch itself after that option.

it's not in tray be default since next development version. thanks.
tray option is applied immediately (by pressing apply or ok) since it was introduced (build 4?)

2) Detecting an existing instance and not openning a new one is good, but instead of showing an error, EL should behave like most programs and bring the existant window to the foreground.

wasn't able to code that ... now when you run new instance and there is already one, new one just quits[/quote]

EvilLyrics Developer
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 11:54:23 PM »

wasn't able to code that ...

Hi, I'm sure you know to program better than I do, but since I learned about it sometime, I searched again and found a nice explanation here:

http://delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa100703b.htm

it has a section about activating the existing instance, I hope that helps.

I'm sorry if I offend you by suggesting this, I may not have understand what you ment...
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: