EvilLyrics forum
September 21, 2019, 10:11:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: latest version bugs  (Read 4231 times)
StLucifer

« on: April 02, 2004, 04:16:38 PM »

ok, i'm testing the reles&+um@Vlatest version bugs   StLucifercyberpunk@l33t.it81.116.164.1383br />
question/small bugs:

i've checked the option to autosave lyrics under original song name retrieved from player .. then i click apply, then ok ... when i re-open the options ... it's unchecked ... and EL obviously saves lyrics with the edited name

and what's the "cache style" dropdown men? it's disabled and greyed ... how does it works?

--------------------------------

Crashin bugs:

1) open EL, open the options, double clik on the trayicon to minimize ... it crashes and says:
run-time error '402':
must close or hide topmost modal from first

then you have to kill its process from taskmanager and restart it

2) after a couple of time i've crashed down EL with this metod, when i try to stat it it says:
run-time error '9':
subscript out of range

and i've had to reinstall el to made him work

-----------------------

tonight at home i will test harder, i've got a couple of new ideas to crash it  evil but, of course, i want to try them first ... see ya later

ps: this new version rox ... it needs just a couple of fixes Tongue

[ Save Soy - Eat a Vegan ]
EvilLyrics forum
« on: April 02, 2004, 04:16:38 PM »

StLucifer

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 04:46:31 PM »

ok ... there's a bug on the launch of el ...

*prologue*
  i'm using el with the winamp plugin, starting winamp will also start el
*end*

star winamp, right click on the el tray icon, click "exit"

sometimes, after el is closed, it restart itself and if you hit again "exit" on the tray icon men it says:
run-time error '364':
object was unloaded

but then it close el and you can restart it when you want ... so it isn't a very evil-bug Tongue

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 07:58:44 PM »

nice finds, thank you vey4+ԩm@Re: latest version bugsMarekevillabs@zoznam.sk 217.75.73.34(autosave lyrics under original song name retrieved from player .. then i click apply, then ok ... when i re-open the options ... it's unchecked ... and EL obviously saves lyrics with the edited name[/quote]

option never got applied, now it should work

and what's the "cache style" dropdown men? it's disabled and greyed ... how does it works?

not implemented yet Smiley

1) open EL, open the options, double clik on the trayicon to minimize ... it crashes and says:
run-time error '402':
must close or hide topmost modal from first

now you can't minimize when preferneces dialog is opened

2) after a couple of time i've crashed down EL with this metod, when i try to stat it it says:
run-time error '9':
subscript out of range

new "keyword list" feature related bug, fixed

tonight at home i will test harder, i've got a couple of new ideas to crash it  evil but, of course, i want to try them first ... see ya later

the more crashes before official release the better Smiley thanks again

EvilLyrics Developer
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 08:05:50 PM »

Quote from: StLucifer

sometimes, after el is closed, it restart itself and if you hit again "exit" on the tray icon men it says:
run-time error '364':
object was unloaded

but then it close el and you can restart it when you want ... so it isn't a very evil-bug Tongue

hopefully fixed.

EvilLyrics Developer
StLucifer

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 09:25:13 PM »

already done? yuhu!

/me wants a release evil

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 09:33:44 PM »

already done? yuhu!

/me wants a release evil

here you go http://www.evillabs.sk//evillyrics/checknew.php

and thanks to all who help testing

EvilLyrics Developer
StLucifer

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 10:00:30 PM »

ok it seems to works great \o/
good work dude, i love you more every day Cheesy

just a question:
some character like \ and * and ' and such that can't be written in the file names are just stripped out, can't them be replaced with something like an  underscore? well, just un idea to make the file names more similar to the song name, that's not really important Tongue

Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 11:40:11 PM »

i love you more eeE+m@latest version bugs   Anonymous192.117.244.150 a man!  shocked  - Marek is THE man !!! Cool

Anyway,
some character like \ and * and ' and such that can't be written in the file names are just stripped out, can't them be replaced with something like an underscore? well, just un idea to make the file names more similar to the song name, that's not really important

CDex implementation of this could be a fine example (it supports a different replaced character for any forbidden one), but I smell b..bl...bloat?!? Na....just kidding! Smiley

In oppose to CDex, since EL already have the advantage of having the MP3 file existing with its filename peacefully and harmlessly on the hosting FAT, it might use the same scheme itself? Of course, you'll might say that it's hard enough getting the title from the active player, but since I've seen programs that can list the open files on the system (like SysInternals' FileMon), then you can do the same, seek for the openned MP3/Ogg/whatever files on the background, compare their title to what you've retrieved from the player (also compare filename, coz sometimes players shows just these), and there you go!

Damn, I guess it sounds a little bit complicated, but hey, I think I've just came onto a way to support more players (by openned music files), no? What do you say? Am I just %!#@^!$ or did I really strike gold? Tongue
StLucifer

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2004, 05:38:48 PM »

damn, i already hate winamp when it scan my hd to add the new media in the media library ... i can start running naked for the city screaming "NO! OMFG! NO!" if el start doing the same evil

Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2004, 07:07:22 PM »

st - u didn't understand!
the above suggestion only talked about going through OPENNED music files, meaning files that are (probably) played in the background.
StLucifer

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 12:13:03 PM »

el doesn't know the path or filename of the mp3 played (if i've undestood what marek said to me) but it only takes the name shown in the player, so you have to scan all the media on the hd to find out what mp3 you are playing ... i guess Tongue

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 06:15:49 PM »

el doesn't know the path or filename of the mp3 played (if i've undestood what marek said to me) but it only takes the name shown in the player, so you have to scan all the media on the hd to find out what mp3 you are playing ... i guess Tongue

that's it. but we are able to get to the filename of song played in winamp 2/5 .. with some plugin we can get that info from foobar too ... and with plugin samrolken is working on we'll be able to fetch that info from WMP too i think ... then we can think of adding some file related features ... but i'm not much inclined to this idea as i explained couple of times

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: