EvilLyrics forum
June 19, 2019, 06:55:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Bug in EL  (Read 2671 times)
Kwan
« on: March 25, 2004, 09:37:29 PM »

Hi again all Wink
I found a bug *s*

I clicked away the little white karaoke bar
and then I removed the buttons from the toolbar

I had to uninstall EL for a reason removed everything in the folder
and then I reinstalled it directly after this

Sure... the karaoke buttons was still hidden
but.. the bar was been visible again

And when I rightclicked the toolbar again to make them visible they couldn't been found anywhere...
shit... I have to get rid of the annoying karaoke bar and there is no buttons available...

But I found a solution for this..
I just clicked the RESET button and everybutton reapperared that was gone =)
EvilLyrics forum
« on: March 25, 2004, 09:37:29 PM »

Kwan
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 09:51:53 PM »

When I quit the application that is when the available icons remove the "removed" icons....

Now when I opened the application the karaoke icons isn't there anymore

-------------------------------

And then I found another BUG

when not minized I can't rightclick the tray icon
ok maybe this isn't a bug

but when it is minimized to the tray
and then I click "compact" mode

I get a
Runtime Error 384
a form can't be moved or resized while minimized or maximized

and I have to end the process to access evillyrics
StLucifer

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 11:32:20 AM »

i've some problem with the toolbar configuration too ...

i've removed a couple of button (like show karaoke bar and such) then i've closed el (terminated, quitted, killed not just closed to tray) ... now i've restarted el and tryed to show again the buttons i've dropped out, but ... surprise, there's no way to do that but with the reset button ... and i've had to work around that fot a while to find it Tongue

---

and i've had the same problem of kwan with the compact mode when it's minimized to tray

[ Save Soy - Eat a Vegan ]
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 12:56:45 PM »

thanks guys ...
<rh@Another Bug in ELMarekevillabs@zoznam.sk 217.75.73.34ed in tray is fixed too

and about customizing toolbar ... this is a bug in microsoft's component ... only way you can get to removed button is to "reset" toolbar .. there are 2 possible solutions:

1. disable toolbar customization completely
2. pop up a message that you have to reset toolbar to show removed buttons before customization dialog opens (kind of stupid, i know ... but it's the only "solution" that comes to my mind)

there is also third solution .. write my own customization form from scratch ... but it but it would take me a time i can spend on some more useful things ... so ... no ... pick out of 2

EvilLyrics Developer
StLucifer

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 01:07:41 PM »

there isn't a way to show in the "available button" list the buttons that aren't selected? the customizing toolbar of ie and oter m$ sowftware work in this way ... maybe with another component, i dunno ^_^

if you can't find a way to solve the problem my vote goes to the first option, there isn't an important feature and there aren't a lot of buttons on the toolbar ... we can keep them as they come

[ Save Soy - Eat a Vegan ]
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 01:21:11 PM »

[quote="StLucifer&qoh@Another Bug in ELMarekevillabs@zoznam.sk 217.75.73.34&ttons that aren't selected? the customizing toolbar of ie and oter m$ sowftware work in this way ... maybe with another component, i dunno ^_^

if you can't find a way to solve the problem my vote goes to the first option, there isn't an important feature and there aren't a lot of buttons on the toolbar ... we can keep them as they come[/quote]

i know ... this is bug related to visual basic library ... i've been looking everywhere for solution ... but no one was able to find a fix for it ... people either skip it at all .. or create their own customization dialog ...

it would be great if it worked like it should ... as i can imagine zillion of useful buttons that could be made optional and would not be shown by default to save space in toolbar ...

and even multiple line toolbar doesn't work like it should ... this toolbar thingy is really some unfinished component that was published by mistake Sad

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: