EvilLyrics forum
December 15, 2019, 03:17:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Lyrics not found, all the time  (Read 4337 times)
Samhein
Newbie
*

Karma: 0
Posts: 3


« on: December 12, 2003, 02:20:14 PM »

After I installed EL, it found the first 2 or 3 lyrics, then all the musics had the same result: Lyrics not found. This happens with all music, either mainstream or underground. I checked some of the lyrics databases, and they have all the songs I searched (I have over 4k songs, so I didn't try them all!  Cheesy
Anyway, I had an earlier version installed (don't know which one) that used to display lots of garbage, and try next wouldn't work, but at least it would always find something.
I tried uninstalling everything, and re-installing the latest version, but it keeps doing the same.
Any ideas, please?
Logged
EvilLyrics forum
« on: December 12, 2003, 02:20:14 PM »

 Logged
mai9
Jr. Member
**

Karma: 0
Posts: 66


« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 06:04:12 PM »

try ticking "allow unknown sites"
Logged
Samhein
Newbie
*

Karma: 0
Posts: 3


« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 11:42:36 AM »

Ok, unknown sites has nothing to do with it. I've been doing some experiments, and the problem is EL isn't even trying to connect to the internet.
How does EL connect, and what components does it need to do so?
My firewall is configured so EL has full permissions, but when I check the icon, it isn't trying to connect. It doesn't even wait more than a second before saying lyrics not found.
Logged
Marek
Administrator
Hero Member
*****

Karma: 8
Posts: 795


« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 12:39:46 PM »

Quote from: Samhein
Ok, unknown sites has nothing to do with it. I've been doing some experiments, and the problem is EL isn't even trying to connect to the internet.
How does EL connect, and what components does it need to do so?
My firewall is configured so EL has full permissions, but when I check the icon, it isn't trying to connect. It doesn't even wait more than a second before saying lyrics not found.


you have to have firewall settings properly set in Preferences dialog and you have to allow access to lyrics sites you want to download form and to google.com and alltheweb.com
Logged

EvilLyrics Developer
Samhein
Newbie
*

Karma: 0
Posts: 3


« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 03:38:42 PM »

Well, my firewall is correctly configured for EL. I'm using Zone Alarm Pro. My question is, what components are trying to access the net, or which components are missing. As I said, it doesn't even try to connect. I have full permissions set for EL and am not barring any site. Does EL require cookies? I think it requires VB runtime components, but I have MS Visual Studio 6 installed, so I should have those installed, unless it requires older versions.
Also, I already tried uninstalling EL, then Zone Alarm, restarting, installing EL once again, and it still did the same thing.
I am on a network connected to a switch that connects to the ADSL router.
And I'm out of ideas.
As I also said, it works fine at home, where I also have ZA installed.
Logged
Danzig
Guest
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2003, 02:02:42 AM »

Same problem here.
And I don't even use a firewall..
Logged
The Ristick One
Guest
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2003, 04:26:36 PM »

Also my brother using EL with a Proxy server and a firewall, but he haven't any problems.
Me, instead, i have the same problem.

P.S. Sorry for the bad English, i am Italian... embarassed
Logged
Special_Ed21
Guest
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2003, 10:01:41 AM »

I had the same problem using EL and MusicMatch. I fixed it by turning off the scrolling track title in the taskbar.

Hope this helps someone.
Logged
Anonymous
Guest
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2004, 04:30:48 PM »

EL uses MSWINSCK.OCX to connect to the internet. You have VB6 installed, but please make sure you have SP5 of the runtime components installed (you can download from microsoft.com and lots of places, search for vbrun60sp5.exe)
Logged
Violetdrm
Guest
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2004, 06:26:42 AM »

I have this problem too. Firewall is set to full permissions and I have not seen one attempt for EvilLyrics to connect to the internet. Every single song title I type in will give the message "Lyrics not found"

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it many times, I'm currently using the most recent nightly build, and I downloaded the newest Visual Basic runtime files.

Since so many people have this problem it is pretty serious. The developer should look into this problem at once.
Logged
Marek
Administrator
Hero Member
*****

Karma: 8
Posts: 795


« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2004, 12:15:36 PM »

Quote from: Violetdrm
I have this problem too. Firewall is set to full permissions and I have not seen one attempt for EvilLyrics to connect to the internet. Every single song title I type in will give the message "Lyrics not found"

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it many times, I'm currently using the most recent nightly build, and I downloaded the newest Visual Basic runtime files.

Since so many people have this problem it is pretty serious. The developer should look into this problem at once.


what kind of firewall are you using? i guess i'll need to install one to test it
Logged

EvilLyrics Developer
StLucifer
Jr. Member
**

Karma: 0
Posts: 64


« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2004, 02:37:06 PM »

i'm using el at home with a firewall and at the office behind a router, but i've never had a problem downloading lyrics ... when el finds them Tongue

but i've always started el when the pc was already connected to the net ... don't know if starting el while disconnected and then connecting will cause some problem ... ^_^
Logged

[ Save Soy - Eat a Vegan ]
Marek
Administrator
Hero Member
*****

Karma: 8
Posts: 795


« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2004, 02:40:56 PM »

Quote from: StLucifer
i'm using el at home with a firewall and at the office behind a router, but i've never had a problem downloading lyrics ... when el finds them Tongue

but i've always started el when the pc was already connected to the net ... don't know if starting el while disconnected and then connecting will cause some problem ... ^_^



did you change proxy settings in EvilLyrics preferences or it worked without entering proxy settings?

and what firewall do YOU use?
Logged

EvilLyrics Developer
StLucifer
Jr. Member
**

Karma: 0
Posts: 64


« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2004, 10:54:42 AM »

i'm using sygate personal firewall (it's free and it rox) and i haven't changed nothing in the proxy settings, i've just allowed EL to reach the net from the firewall options

i've also tryed el at office, in lan behind a router, and it works without any proxy settings
Logged

[ Save Soy - Eat a Vegan ]
EvilLyrics forum
   

 Logged
Pages: 1
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines | Calendar EvilLyrics