EvilLyrics forum
April 23, 2018, 12:14:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Cache location and file delete  (Read 1513 times)
aetherjoy

« on: March 03, 2004, 04:06:51 AM »

I admire your work. The program is close to what I need, with just a small number of problems:

1. I'm running a build 6, with which I'd supposedly have improvements, but so far I couldn't find a way to change the directory for caching (it was possible with the b5, though). I tried messing with the registry, but nope, it's not there either.

2. When the program downloads a wrong lyric, I try to delete the actual file by clicking on the cross. But it only clears the window and doesn't delete the downloaded file. Or is there another purpose I'm missing?

3. When the program gets a wrong lyric, it's usually because it's making a "nearest match" search. We should be given the option to exclude "nearest match" search.

Don't be afraid to expand the configuration box in size if needs be! That's just a config box man! You click OK and it goes away!
 Cheesy

Thanks for the great program!
Alper
EvilLyrics forum
« on: March 03, 2004, 04:06:51 AM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 01:11:10 PM »

1. i removed this option because most people didn't use it. YOu can change it manually in file named settings.txt located in evillyrics directory

2. A "cross" is actually Stop button. Working same way as the one in Internet Explorer i.e. for stopping the download. You cannot delete downloadad file directly from EvilLyrics. And i think there's no reason to do it as next tuime you would be playing the song same wrong lyrics (or whatever page it is) would be downloaded if nothing was found in cache. You can delete/replece contents of the file though when you switch to edit mode.

3. There is an option Allow unknown sites. Try to uncheck it, it should help.

config box .. yes ... maybe it would be better to enlarge it than trying to cram everything in that little space ... but it's dull work so i'm always postponing it ...

it's best to download development version, there are lot of improvements from version 6

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: