EvilLyrics forum
June 20, 2019, 11:21:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't Restore From Taskbar  (Read 4534 times)
atherworld

« on: August 12, 2003, 08:36:47 AM »

After several days, whenever I click on the program, be it from Quicklaunch bar or from Start etc, it appears in the taskbar, and won't appear as a window on screen.  Right clicking doesn't allow selection of Restore.  I'm on Windoes XP Home.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 or 4 times, and it always happens.
EvilLyrics forum
« on: August 12, 2003, 08:36:47 AM »

trinity

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2003, 11:41:38 AM »

happened to me too...

only thing i can think it "might" be is google pop-up blocker. tried turning off google pop-up blocker and closing IE but to no luck

uninstalled & reinstalled... no luck

could it have something to do with:

0.0.3 (09/05/2003)
Bug: Error on minimizing
Feature: Winamp3 support

btw 0S = winxp pro
FinFangFun

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 07:17:00 PM »

This was happening for me , but I found out that this only happens when "always on top" is disabled , try to see if enabling it will help you.
Panzer

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2003, 11:22:17 PM »

Search in the program folder (usuaaly c:Program FilesEvilLyrics) for a file named settings.txt. Among the several options contained in this file, there are some position markers - the ones we want are [Top] and
. What happened with me was that, for no reason, these two had negative values - which leads us to a simple solution: edit the file and insert any two positive values there. After doing that, Ive been using the program again with no troubles - most likely this might solve your problem too...
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2003, 09:50:46 PM »

Finally I know the reason, it will be hopefully fixed in the next version for good

--------------------
EvilLyrics Developer

EvilLyrics Developer
trinity

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 04:30:51 AM »

thanks or all the responses to the problem guys... i solved it with some of the help from the guys over at BBR... i'm afraid the initial silence sent me searching elsewhere for answers:
 http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,7774072~root=sware~mode=flat

it was a matter of uninstalling it properly first.

Panzer: shame i didn't get the chance to try this solution. i'm not in a rush to recreate the scenario to help in troubleshooting this but it sounds like Marek has figured it out.

FingFanFun: i did try to change this in settings.txt AFTER the problem and it didn't help.

Marek: i'm glad you've found the solution and look forward to the next version. i'll use the workaround that worked for me or one of those posted above if it happens again unless you have a better workaround for us to try.

btw... it was the folks over at BBR that recommended this excellent program in the first place [Smiley]
tiger

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2003, 03:31:10 AM »

i had same problem, all you have to do is delete the settings file and then open evil lyrics and it will act as if you opened it for the first time again. eventually it gets tedious so a updated fix would be nice.[Smiley]
atherworld

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2003, 05:18:39 PM »

I think the Build 5 release solves this problem.
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: