EvilLyrics forum
November 18, 2019, 12:24:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Contributions of lyrics  (Read 1804 times)
whit3hawk

« on: February 27, 2004, 05:29:19 PM »

I've been using this pror_p?@FContributions of lyrics   whit3hawkwhit3hawk@yahoo.com218.13.30.222quickly.

I found lyrics in various languages, which I think it's great! but I've also not found some artists . . . such as Amalia Rodriguez... and some of her songs.

So

1.  I would like to recommend that you put some feature on your site to add links to sites that have lyrics that you have not found, so when users have have come across lyrics found elsewhere, because they were not available with EvilLyrics, they can leave information on new links with lyrics.

2.  Often when a singer is performing a song, we do a search with the singer's name and the song name. If lyrics are not found under that singer, it's not unusual to find the lyrics under another author or singer... I recommend that there be some cross referencing for the lyrics to be searched by song, regardless of singer. I know when nothing returns on Singer-Song Title, I can remove the singer, and sometimes I do get the lyrics... but this should be an automatic response, rather than having to remove the singer's name...

Open for adventure and new experiences...
EvilLyrics forum
« on: February 27, 2004, 05:29:19 PM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 05:48:46 PM »

1.  I would like ot?@Re: Contributions of lyricsMarekevillabs@zoznam.sk 217.75.73.34cs that you have not found, so when users have have come across lyrics found elsewhere, because they were not available with EvilLyrics, they can leave information on new links with lyrics.

very few users of evillyrics ever visit our site so this is not best solution. best what you can do is submit lyrics you found somewhere else than some known lyrics database (ie some fan site or artist homepage) is to submit them to lyrics databases so they become available for everyone else via EvilLyrics. You can use "Submit lyrics" function in "globe" icon submenu. Pick some well known site and post lyrics there ... they should become available within a week.

2.  Often when a singer is performing a song, we do a search with the singer's name and the song name. If lyrics are not found under that singer, it's not unusual to find the lyrics under another author or singer... I recommend that there be some cross referencing for the lyrics to be searched by song, regardless of singer. I know when nothing returns on Singer-Song Title, I can remove the singer, and sometimes I do get the lyrics... but this should be an automatic response, rather than having to remove the singer's name...

yes, i'm just coding the feature that allow lyrics to be saved under original name retrieved from Winamp even if you corrected title in EvilLyrics. So you can for exaple edit out artist name so the lyrics are finally found and on next song change evillyrics asks if you want to save lyrics under currently playing song. if you do so, next time you play that song, lyrics you just found are displayed.

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: