EvilLyrics forum
September 16, 2019, 04:33:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: How to search for lyrics - FASTER!  (Read 3268 times)
Stefan
« on: February 19, 2004, 12:45:56 AM »

Hey everybody,

One thing I tried was to make small playlists of 14-15 songs (this is the limit, right?)  and let EvilLyrics look for them. But if it managed to find the lyrics, it saved them in just one .txt file - and not in separate ones named like the original mp3. So I had to copy them in new text file, save them as... etc. It wasn`t what I wanted.     cry

So, maybe you noticed that pressing the "B" key in Winamp jumps to the next song (it takes +/- 10 seconds to have the lyrics downloaded). I did it for some time, but then I got the brilliant idea that this fine piece of engineering which is the human brain could do much more than just pressing the B button on a keyboard...    Tongue

So I looked for a program to do it instead, and after playing with 3-4 progs which could record keyboard and mouse actions and replay them, I found something that did the job for me: "Key Presser". A simple tool of 60 kb that does what its name says. So I made it stroke the B key every 15-20 secs while having the Winamp window active - and that was it!

4 songs a minute instead of 1 song every 3-4 minutes. And if you can leave your computer work overnight, EvilLyrics will do the work all alone. It worked for me, you could try it as well...    wink

You find it at this address:  www.urbancities.net/burton/programs/files/KeyPresser.zip

Of course, this doesn`t replace the karaoke search tools from EvilLyrics site, but then you can just replace the simple text with the time-stamped ones from the site.

Ok, I hope this can help - and for the developpers - why not implement a key presser feature directly in the EvilLyrics program? Just a crazy idea...     Cheesy

Stefan
EvilLyrics forum
« on: February 19, 2004, 12:45:56 AM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 11:48:13 AM »

[quote="Stefan"]m9@&Re: How to search for lyrics - FASTER!Marekevillabs@zoznam.sk 217.75.73.34lots of lyrics for my MP3s,  so that I can have them saved on my disk (Program Files/EvilLyrics folder) and have them displayed, even if not connected to the internet.

One thing I tried was to make small playlists of 14-15 songs (this is the limit, right?)  and let EvilLyrics look for them. But if it managed to find the lyrics, it saved them in just one .txt file - and not in separate ones named like the original mp3. So I had to copy them in new text file, save them as... etc. It wasn`t what I wanted.     cry

So, maybe you noticed that pressing the "B" key in Winamp jumps to the next song (it takes +/- 10 seconds to have the lyrics downloaded). I did it for some time, but then I got the brilliant idea that this fine piece of engineering which is the human brain could do much more than just pressing the B button on a keyboard...    Tongue

So I looked for a program to do it instead, and after playing with 3-4 progs which could record keyboard and mouse actions and replay them, I found something that did the job for me: "Key Presser". A simple tool of 60 kb that does what its name says. So I made it stroke the B key every 15-20 secs while having the Winamp window active - and that was it!

4 songs a minute instead of 1 song every 3-4 minutes. And if you can leave your computer work overnight, EvilLyrics will do the work all alone. It worked for me, you could try it as well...    wink

You find it at this address:  www.urbancities.net/burton/programs/files/KeyPresser.zip

Of course, this doesn`t replace the karaoke search tools from EvilLyrics site, but then you can just replace the simple text with the time-stamped ones from the site.

Ok, I hope this can help - and for the developpers - why not implement a key presser feature directly in the EvilLyrics program? Just a crazy idea...     Cheesy

Stefan[/quote]

yes, bit crazy ... it is explained at the bottom of this article

EvilLyrics Developer
gollywog

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 08:41:09 AM »

Edit: I have removed the content of this post since it was against forum rules.
 -gollywog
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 12:05:52 PM »

i don't like this discussion at all but as i don't delete posts i won't do it now either.

but please next time if you could, keep such findings for yourself Smiley

EvilLyrics Developer
gollywog

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 01:13:04 PM »

I'm really sorry! I wasn't aware that it is against the rules to discuss the technique. embarassed

I have taken the liberty of editing the post and removing the content myself.

I'm sorry again
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 01:49:42 PM »

actually there are no rules so it's not against the rules .. but just as i wrote in faq article you reffered to, it wouldn't be good if many people started to use the technique you described. But actaully these forums are not that much visited so it shouldn't be problem. But i guess if 1000 people started to use it this way, we'd have a problem
so thanks you remove it .. i think the one who really wants finds some way to download large number of lyrics at once ... but i don't think we really need to explain it to everyone

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: