EvilLyrics forum
November 23, 2020, 05:25:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: save lyrics on the mp3 automatically  (Read 16364 times)
nixonsuicide
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2004, 02:51:20 PM »

Well if its possible, and you're all dying for it before the next build, i can throw something together quickly that could grab the text file contents and put it in the lyrics3 tag

i'll see whats up w/ lyrics3, not undermining Elyrics, just something to work in the mean-time
EvilLyrics forum
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2004, 02:51:20 PM »

KidSampson
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2004, 05:43:09 PM »

I personally have been soý{Ÿ9‰@id3v2 lyrics vs lyrics3
KidSampson216.254.120.224­  Anyone have comments on the differences between the two?  I think that the lyrics3 tag was independently created to address some shortcomings with the id3v1 lyrics tagging, but that has since been mostly resolved in id3v2.  So it seems like id3v2 would be the way to go since it's part of the "standard" (except for the fact that already a lot of lyrics have been stored in the lyrics3 format....)

There is barely any info on the net regarding the differences, but you can click here for id3v2 lyrics tag info and here for the lyrics3 tag info.  It's strange because the info for both of these is on the id3 site, but it seems that the id3v2 lyrics tag people are annoyed at the lyrics3 people.  In the first link it says:
"After some discussion it was agreed that the order should remain chronological, but that the timestamps should be absolute. Agree is perhaps not the best word since Alon Gingold made his own lyrics format (as a successor to lyrics3)."
KidSampson
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2004, 05:49:58 PM »

Sorry for the extra post, but GOOD LORD PEOPLE, NO MORE POSTS SAYING "THIS FEATURE NEEDS TO BE OPTIONAL"

If they developers actually get around to adding this, of COURSE it will be optional.  Not everyone would want something like this, though a lot of people would.  This is how a new feature works.  You are just cluttering up this discussion by adding those comments.

Sorry for the rant.
biggbuckz4life

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2004, 11:38:13 PM »

I've started working on some code to edit the id3v2 tag... but i haven't gotten far at all, but hopefully i'll get somewhere... those stupid tags have a lot of info and it doesn't seem to be too easy to parse it all, adn i def. want to use minimal code... good work with that link KidSampson, should help me out a lot....

hey marek... or anyone for that matter.. what language is el written in?
DaNiEL GB
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2004, 08:38:24 AM »

1. evillyrics is standalone application so with most of players there is no way to find out file name of song just played.
2. smallest tagging component i know is larger then evillyrics itself
3. as far as i know ... if mp3 is open in winamp or other mp3 player, you can't write in it
4. most people would not apprecitate when some software insterted something they tdon't want into their mp3s

Well i think about making an option like lyricsamp for winamp3 that was a nice lyrics searching that searched on over 5 webs and u could or couldn't add the lyric to the mp3 but it was nice cause if u wannted to add them the y add automatically when song finished and the bouala there u got the lyric on mp3 not in a text file...

download it Marek to see it its Lyricsamp for winamp 3 ( www.kyricsamp.org is down cause i dont know why so download it from kazaa or emule )
Baby Develop
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2004, 05:26:19 PM »

i think that program ( lyricsamp ) it really nice forwinamp cause it searches for the lyricsand it displays them.... annd theres an option that u can add the lyrics to the mp3 file directly and dont have it apart from the mp3file with the tags  think...
it would be very nice to have that option on evilyrics cause it very userfull...
hope u can do it
smiley  smiley
minsky_a
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2004, 12:28:03 PM »

I think it will be best that the ello organizer will do the saving to the files.
Great Idea and a great application !
DaNiELGB

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2004, 07:16:57 AM »

damn i started the topic of this and didnt registered a username jeje sorry...

well evillyrivs developers what do you think of my idea ... seems many people have liked it u can add it to the new  version?

just like an add-on that u can put to enable to save them to mp3 tag

reply me please
Tester
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2004, 09:05:50 AM »

damn its really nice that lyricsamp

but it has only 5 webs from were to search please add this type program to evillyrics
damn it
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2004, 10:23:12 PM »

when can we expect that an admin repliesto this topic?

can u reply?
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2004, 09:47:48 AM »

[quote="damn it&quo;ýˆ   Ÿ$Yê@$save lyrics on the mp3 automaticallyMarekevillabs@zoznam.sk 217.75.73.34>
saving tags into mp3 may be once a feature of ELLO ... it seems more convenient to me as tags cannot be written during the playback.
other thing i can do is create a script that would say
insert these lyrics into this file

and someone more familiar with tag formats could write some utility that would do it.

personally i don't like idea of inserting lyrics into mp3 files. and i don't feel like i want to listen to aqll that bitching afterwards that it doesn't work with MY lyrics tag format, or that it doesn't write into layer1 only layer3 or layer something .. or that it doesn't write into ogg or whatever ...

evillyrics is not a tagging utility ... if someone is willing to write one i can make evillyrics provide lyrics data for it

EvilLyrics Developer
felipin-sioux

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2004, 01:04:30 AM »

There it is! Experimental lyrics3 support in ELLO..
wbbo
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2004, 04:03:05 AM »

I have some experience wtýö
ŸY#VALyrics within MP3s...wbbo12.222.205.185
2 format is actually quite simple to use, and I can MAKE (write) you either a DLL, OCX control or EXE for you to use to add the Lyrics into the MP3 -- This would be fairly small (a few Kb) and fast. You can also easily stop winamp, save the Lyrics, and continue to play (from where you stopped) the song with simple API calls. I for one would also like that feature, AND as it has been discussed: It would be optional -- as simple as adding a preference setting or even just a small button "save" or "merge" in the lyrics display view to save the lyrics into the MP3.

If there's any interest, my email is: wbbo@hotmail.com
I'd love to help,
Wagner.
aimy

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2004, 05:55:57 AM »

I agree!! Truly agree!!

This is just a great feature!!! I really hope that EvilLyrics could make it possible. Then, there is no doubt that EvilLyrics is the best ever plugin for Winamp!!
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: « 1 2
  Print  

Jump to: