EvilLyrics forum
November 23, 2020, 05:40:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  
Author Topic: save lyrics on the mp3 automatically  (Read 16366 times)
DaNiEL
« on: January 31, 2004, 08:39:14 PM »

how about making evilyrics making it to support lyrics3tag so it can save the lyrics on the mp3 file and when u heard the mp3 you can watch the lyrics with no nesesity of save them on another file? what do you think about it?

its easiear and the lyrics are saved on the mp3...

can the developers reply me to gabu69@hotmail.com?
EvilLyrics forum
« on: January 31, 2004, 08:39:14 PM »

mpento01

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 05:40:12 PM »

Yes i think this is an exellent suggestion. this would save the hassle of having to cut a paste the lyrics from ELLO into the mp3. Then u wouldn't have to have 2 programs open at the same time to play the song and view the lyrics. I know WMP9 can display the lyrics when inputed into the correct place. Not so sure about winamp though. U wouldn't have to do it through musicplayer that was running. Instead target the file the program is playing. I find the program more or less 99% correct when finding lyrics.
How about then Marek!
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 06:44:01 PM »

well there are reasons why there is not such an option

1. evillyrics is standalone application so with most of players there is no way to find out file name of song just played.
2. smallest tagging component i know is larger then evillyrics itself
3. as far as i know ... if mp3 is open in winamp or other mp3 player, you can't write in it
4. most people would not apprecitate when some software insterted something they tdon't want into their mp3s

and other reasons i can't remember right now

and only con of this would be that you have lyrics stored in mp3 file. i don't quite understand what's so great about it. i'm not saying we're not going to support lyrics tag in the future but right now i don't see any reasons. but if you give me some strong arguments i can change my mind

right now evillyrics as a tagging utility sucks. but well, it's not a tagging utility.

EvilLyrics Developer
Neoprimal

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 03:39:31 PM »

Actually I was coming heeý‚Ÿ£ËQ@Z
Great Idea   Neoprimalneoprimal@msn.com68.212.130.118 he lyrics into mp3 files, that would make it the ultimate.
1. evillyrics is standalone application so with most of players there is no way to find out file name of song just played.
a. option to "prepare mp3 for lyrics injection" where *LIKE KARAOKE" you play the file and hit stop after which EL will stick the file into the mp3
2. smallest tagging component i know is larger then evillyrics itself
a. you're right - the smallest I can think of is a program called mp3into extension and is almost a meg big (actual program), in any case, you can inform people that in order for lyrics injection, they need to get this program.
3. as far as i know ... if mp3 is open in winamp or other mp3 player, you can't write in it.
a. Very true - but, see answer for 1. The karaoke makes you start and stop the mp3. The lyrics injection process can do the same thing. (Theory: Hit the "Prepare mp3 for lyrics injection" button -> box comes up saying "Please hit start on your player, find the correct lyrics and then stop; if lyrics are found and correct, hit the "Inject Lyrics to current Mp3" button, if lyrics not found, unpress the 'prepare' button"). In essence very similar to the karaoke file making process.
4. most people would not apprecitate when some software insterted something they don't want into their mp3s
a. very very very true - *your key words are 'don't want' but that's why EL has buttons! Smiley. They don't want lyrics in their files, they don't choose to inject it; just like karaoke files, you don't want em? you don't dl or make em.

To the original poster: what do you think of this instead? buttons inside EL to support the injection of lyrics, instead of downloading them automatically....because it's true, I wouldnt like anything inserted into my stuff without my permission or control...what if the lyrics are wrong? know what I mean?

How's that for a strong argument?

I think many people would LOVE the idea that within their mp3s, lyrics are stored which will be displayed by any program that displays lyrics. I'm sure many people lose their downloaded lyrics if they have hard drive problems and all that. Even when we transfer systems, we forget things. And though it doesnt take much time to DL lyrics for each song, you still have to be online to do it. With implanted lyrics, theres no way to lose the lyrics unless you convert the file or it's deleted. You burn the song onto a cd? Lyrics goes right along with it. You transfer mp3s to another pc? a laptop maybe? Lyrics are right along there with it.

I still love EL - duh..!

This is just a suggestion.

"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the ways...oh what f..u..n it is to hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm...*sigh*, time to open Evillyrics again"
mpento01

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 08:54:54 PM »

Marek, if you do decide to introduce something like what i've suggested you could make it optional to tag song immediately with the lyrics or not. I think this feature would make Evillyrics the lyrics ultimate program and would encourage so many more people to use the program. I would also  save people an awful lot time who go to the bother of tagging their mp3's individually. Tryin to tag 1000+ mp3 is a pain in the ass, believe me. i think its just such a great idea, that i can't understand why you don't think so too. there are plenty of people out there who would love this feature introduced. As i said before it could be made optional.
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 08:28:17 PM »

Quote from: mpento01
Marek, if you do decide to introduce something like what i've suggested you could make it optional to tag song immediately with the lyrics or not. I think this feature would make Evillyrics the lyrics ultimate program and would encourage so many more people to use the program. I would also  save people an awful lot time who go to the bother of tagging their mp3's individually. Tryin to tag 1000+ mp3 is a pain in the ass, believe me. i think its just such a great idea, that i can't understand why you don't think so too. there are plenty of people out there who would love this feature introduced. As i said before it could be made optional.

i'll see what i can do ... i checked lyrics3 format and it doesn't seem to be very complicated ... if it's as easy as it look like it should be added in the next version ...

EvilLyrics Developer
mpento01

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 03:31:02 PM »

Great stuff Marek and thanks. i hope it doesn't prove too difficult to code. Hopefully it will get a few more people on the forums talkin about this great program. i will be waiting in anticipation for the next build. Thanks again for taking on our suggestions.
Neoprimal

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 09:41:32 PM »

i'll see what i can do ... i checked lyrics3 format and it doesn't seem to be very complicated ... if it's as easy as it look like it should be added in the next version ...

Sweet! Optional Lyrics insertion will be just icing on this great cake now. Just another one of the many reasons I can bombard friends and strangers with to come get EL.

Thanks for listening and actually doing something.
I too hope it doesn't prove to be too much trouble.

"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the ways...oh what f..u..n it is to hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm...*sigh*, time to open Evillyrics again"
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 11:40:51 PM »

Quote from: DaNiEL
how about making evilyrics making it to support lyrics3tag so it can save the lyrics on the mp3 file and when u heard the mp3 you can watch the lyrics with no nesesity of save them on another file? what do you think about it?

please DON'T abandon the current scheme of text files saving! That's what I like about EL - it's "universability": The text files can be later put on devices who knows what to do w/them: certain iRiver players and of course - all PDAs: palms & PocketPCs that could brose TEXT from the memory card while listening to music on the road... Smiley

Marek did a great tool !!! Cheesy
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 05:48:40 PM »

do u plan to introduce this  feature any time soon? its a good idea
Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 10:49:26 PM »

Quote from: Anonymous
Quote from: DaNiEL

please DON'T abandon the current scheme of text files saving! That's what I like about EL - it's "universability": The text files can be later put on devices who knows what to do w/them: certain iRiver players and of course - all PDAs: palms & PocketPCs that could brose TEXT from the memory card while listening to music on the road... Smiley

Marek did a great tool !!! Cheesy

I also think the text file system should remain the main option!
thank you.
Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 11:38:41 AM »

Ok whoever the person is, who keeps posting Don't abandon the text file system bla bla bla. Stop now fool! The feature mentioned above would be an optional extra to existing program. it would merely save the info from the text files or Ello into the id3 tags. The text file saving system is an integral part of EvilLyrics and cannot be done away with. Development of a program like this should be ongoing. Stop trying to deter the programmers from implementing great new features such as those mentioned above.[/quote]
kidsampson
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2004, 09:11:27 AM »

[quote="Neoprimal&qoý,ŸÍ„@   Re: Nice!
kidsampson216.254.120.224î3 format and it doesn't seem to be very complicated ... if it's as easy as it look like it should be added in the next version ...[/quote]

Sweet! Optional Lyrics insertion will be just icing on this great cake now. Just another one of the many reasons I can bombard friends and strangers with to come get EL.

Thanks for listening and actually doing something.
I too hope it doesn't prove to be too much trouble.[/quote]

It's probably annoying to get a "me, too!" type of reply, but I can't stress enough how handy this would be.  I've been searching for a program that can pull lyrics from the internet and write them to the mp3 lyric tags for months, and thought I had hit upon the perfect program until I found that EvilLyrics couldn't write lyrics to the tag information.  This program is great, but it would be INCREDIBLE if it had this capability.  Especially now that more mp3 players are including functionality to automatically scroll embedded lyrics during the playing of songs, and more people are wanting lyrics embedded for Karaoke-type functionality.  Thanks for considering this addition!  Keep up the good work!
Kwan
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2004, 12:40:41 PM »

I just hope that this will be an option and not totally automatic

Options are everything =)
Gergith
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2004, 02:27:21 AM »

hey, i think this is an AMAZING idea, i love it, but option is a VERY key word, even an optional plugin that requires a download. and for the problem about the last song played, just figure it out when its the current song grin and safe that till after the song switches
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  

Jump to: