EvilLyrics forum
September 17, 2019, 10:41:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Freezes and error 53  (Read 2989 times)
PetrP
« on: January 20, 2004, 12:41:33 PM »

Hi,

I install build 6 of EL and every time it starts searching for lyrics it freezes.

So I tried to install development version over the normal one and the same problem.

But what happens when I uninstall the development version and install once more the normal one... I try to run Properties but it shows me an error 53 - file doesn't exists

No way how to go through to set proxy in normal version...

Most critical is the freezing. SYSTEM: Win2K CZ SP4, connection over proxy

Petr P
EvilLyrics forum
« on: January 20, 2004, 12:41:33 PM »

hotbrazilian
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 03:38:10 AM »

I sort of have the same problem, but instead of error 53 I get "runtime error 103" (or something like that). After I get this prompt, EL still opens, but it doesnt' show anything, and it's appears all screwed up, (nothing but a lot of weird squares appear).
I tried reinstalling, but  this website wasn't loading up in my machine( I even was redirected to a domain changer or something) but  I don't know if that had anything to do with the error I got. Now I have it working fine! Except that when I try to search new karaoke files to put them again on EL, nothing happens. there's another program in my computer that is not opening IE (when I click on a button that should open it) either. If anyone has any idea of how to solve this problem I'd appreciate that. I could go search for each kas on my own, but it's way easier to just click on the search button

That's all thanks
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 10:52:20 AM »

petrp: this if probably related to file writing permission. EL is looking for some file that does not exist. only reason can be that it wasn't written there by EL itself .. and that could happen due to prohibited writing acces to EL directory.

I have no answer to your proxy problem. right now EL supports only simple proxy configuration and it works. maybe it doesn't work with more complicated proxies and firewalls but i have no means to test it right now.

hotbrazilian: you got error 13 because site was offline. this was bug in evillyrics, originally it was supposed to work even if site was down. EvilLyrics downloads filter file (the file with definitions for different lyrics sites on the internet) at it's start. If file is not available EL was supposed to start anyway but due to a bug it didn't. If you download build 6 again, you get version with this bug fixed (version number wasn't changed though)

EvilLyrics Developer
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 10:17:30 AM »

anyone else experiences error 53? i can't reproduce it here .. can anyone give me some more detail? did installation run smoothly?

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: