EvilLyrics forum
October 20, 2019, 06:32:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does Karaoke skips like 30 lines at a time?  (Read 2978 times)
hotbrazilian
« on: December 23, 2003, 04:13:39 AM »

Sometimes I use somebody else's karaoke from the website, but they're just crap, not because the person who made it had the parkinson disease,  huh but EL wont show all lines like in a row. Sometimes it will just stop scrolling and then all of a sudden it starts "karaoking" the lyrics again, leaving some of the lines not karaoked (highlighted).
I figure that that might happen because there's more than one movement in one single second or frame.

EL is great though!!
EvilLyrics forum
« on: December 23, 2003, 04:13:39 AM »

mai9

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 04:23:05 PM »

yeah, this happened to me too. I guess it's because EL can't find the correct line and moves when it does found it. EL matches the first three characters in every line before moving (I think)
hotbrazilian
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2003, 01:35:40 AM »

I don't think Evil lyrics can match characters according to the song, if that's what you mean, because you can put any garbage in it and it will scroll normally. Except in my case, which happens mostly when the song is fast and the lines are short, the person who did the karaoke had to scroll down really fast, and maybe that's why EL won't recognize it. It probably moves once per sec. But I don't know why this only happens when I get someone's karaoke. Mine work fine even if the song is wicked fast.

I'm having problems with characters too, but that's another post!
 Smiley
hotbrazilian
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 12:29:02 AM »

mai9 wrote:
I guess it's because EL can't find the correct line and moves when it does found it. EL matches the first three characters in every line before moving (I think)

Maybe I was mistaken and you were right. Maybe EL recognizes the first 3 letters of each song. Because it happened to me once ( after I posted that
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 11:58:05 AM »

Quote from: hotbrazilian
I don't think Evil lyrics can match characters according to the song, if that's what you mean, because you can put any garbage in it and it will scroll normally. Except in my case, which happens mostly when the song is fast and the lines are short, the person who did the karaoke had to scroll down really fast, and maybe that's why EL won't recognize it. It probably moves once per sec. But I don't know why this only happens when I get someone's karaoke. Mine work fine even if the song is wicked fast.

I'm having problems with characters too, but that's another post!
 Smiley

hotbrazilian is right. only that it matches first two character not three. if you put "some garbage" instead of lyrics, it shouldn't scroll unless first two letters match by some accident

EvilLyrics Developer
mai9

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2004, 11:13:55 PM »

Quote from: Marek
hotbrazilian is right. only that it matches first two character not three.

I said that it matches huh
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2004, 04:06:37 PM »

Quote from: mai9
Quote from: Marek
hotbrazilian is right. only that it matches first two character not three.

I said that it matches huh

sorry mai9 Smiley and thanks for helping me to answer user questions

EvilLyrics Developer
mai9

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2004, 09:37:24 PM »

Thanks Marek embarassed
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: