EvilLyrics forum
September 21, 2019, 09:37:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: U2 cannot be found!  (Read 2716 times)
Blackwidow
« on: December 28, 2003, 02:08:58 AM »

When using a number in text field, It's deleted automatically?
I have With ot Without you from U2. when opening file -> searching for U - With Or Without you, even when entering manually, '2' is deleted.

Very good program for the rest! Easy to use, very very useful Wink
Tnx
EvilLyrics forum
« on: December 28, 2003, 02:08:58 AM »

Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 04:07:05 AM »

theres an option to ignore numbers, since people number their mp3s by tracks. you can turn it off in options
.:[PeaceKeeper]:.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 03:35:17 AM »

i found that option myself but it doesn't seem to work.
i switched it off, but nothing has changed. when i enter the title, the program automatically deletes the numbers. unfortunately now they are necessary, because the track's title is "railing 2". and i noticed, that EL deletes the "+" character. this is another problem, because the second track, right after "railing 2" is "in + out". should "filter out numbers" effect the "+" character, or it has completely nothing to do with it?
i tried closing and restarting winamp and EL with the option unchecked - still no change. i'm using version 0.1 beta build 6. any ideas what to do?
peace

PeaceKeeper is the one who keeps saying ... "peace" ...

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 04:33:42 AM »

sorry, i've just read that sticky about this feature.  embarassed now i understand everything. keep up the good work!  Cool

Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 04:12:19 PM »

Quote from: .:[PeaceKeeper]:.
and i noticed, that EL deletes the "+" character. this is another problem

removing symbols shouldn't create problems cos if you searched google for "Radiohead - 2 + 2 = 5 Lyrics" for example, google doesn't search for symbols anyway (just letters and numbers).

EL is just being as streamlined + fast as it can be by removing symbols before searching.

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 11:02:47 PM »

[quote="Anonymous&qoř_Y<¸?
Re: checking/unchecking.:[PeaceKeeper]:.peacekeeper@segitek.hu213.197.72.152 = 5 Lyrics" for example, google doesn't search for symbols anyway (just letters and numbers).

EL is just being as streamlined + fast as it can be by removing symbols before searching.[/quote]

alright, i found what my problem was. The song's tagged name was "in+out", so when the engine removed the "+", it became "inout", and so it couldn't find the correct lyrics. by putting spaces next to the "+", the engine searched for the correct lyrics. btw "in + out" is an instrumental song, it has no lyrics at all Smiley. i just realized this right now, sorry.  embarassed

my suggestion is that when the engine removes a symbol, it should be replaced by a space, because more spaces doesn't matter, but no space is a problem. well, the song could be tagged correctly too, but one could never know...  wink
peace

Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2004, 12:18:27 PM »

btw "in + out" is an instrumental song, it has no lyrics at all Smiley. i just realized this right now, sorry.  embarassed

hehe

my suggestion is that when the engine removes a symbol, it should be replaced by a space, because more spaces doesn't matter

i second that. good idea.
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: