EvilLyrics forum
September 19, 2019, 09:00:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: dont retrieve hebrew songs  (Read 3932 times)
amnon
« on: December 26, 2003, 05:46:05 PM »

i cant use evil lyrics on hebrew songs.
is there a patch that fit it?
thank u.
EvilLyrics forum
« on: December 26, 2003, 05:46:05 PM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 11:55:46 AM »

not yet

EvilLyrics Developer
unknown
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 08:42:50 PM »

this softwere is great and very usefall
but she dident operate the hebew song
so please put some patch or something or develop a hebrew virsion
ok?Huh??
FiXato

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 09:05:19 PM »

why is it that everyone is so pushy?
just wait and see when support for other charactersets is added...
unknown
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 03:38:20 PM »

just put hebrew ptach...what's the problem?!?!?!!
or at list make a virsion that support hebrew.......
Saliman

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 07:11:06 PM »

they are not your slaves and they dont have to do anything...
just ask nicely for a hebrew patch, and wait for a response from one of the developers.
you dont have to command them to make a patch or something, they are doing this job as volunteers.

ובפעם הבאה תבדוק שאין לך שגיאות כתיב
Yuval
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2004, 11:33:35 AM »

Saliman is 100% right!<rı„Wo4Š@dont retrieve hebrew songsYuval192.117.254.116w r their software for no charge at all!
I would like to thank Marek a lot for listening to all comments here and working hard to fit his software for everyone.

I'm from Israel, I have some Hebrew songs, and to tell you the truth, I haven't even fantasied that EL would retrieve lyrics for them. Actually, although it doesn't really work, I DID notice that EL tries to fetch the hebrew lyrics from a site called "www.MP3Music.co.il", so I went there MYSELF, and only then I have found out that there's such resource, which I thought at first illegal. It turns out that MP3Music.co.il lists Hebrew lyrics under a proper license, and the buttom line, if it wasn't for EL, I would never have though to even look for a site like that... Cheesy

So, even though EL "doesn't work" for Hebrew lyrics, let's get the best of it still, enjoy what we DO have, which is a great program with an even greater supportive author, and atleast, if not donating, give Marek and the rest of the team their deserved respect, and not "push" it.

On behalf of all the EL users here in Israel, I would like, again, to sincerely express my gratitude for even just TRYING to support our difficult language (I love & adore my language, but let's face it - Hebrew is a tough nut in the computer programming arena...) in the first place by including the MP3Music.co.il site, and for his will to fully support Hebrew by his reply: "not yet".

If any of us feel the need to repeat and report the same known problem, the least we can do is describe it INFORMATIVELY:
When trying to retrieve Hebrew lyrics, the lyrics appears correctly for a brief second, and then are replaced by some license (or "about"?) text from the MP3Music.co.il site.
My guess is that MP3Music.co.il detects and rejects the way its information being retrieved (client string maybe?).
To tell you the truth, I'm reporting this from memory - I don't really care for Hebrew lyrics. I DO understand that there are many out there who ARE interested in this support, so I say - HELP the author to define the exact problem by regenerating this bug and investigate it thoroughly.

It also wouldn't hurt to show some financial support by a monetary donation, if you need the support THAT bad.

If you prefer to continue and enjoy this freeware software, then "let's not check in the teeth of a gift horse" (god, I'm BAD at idiom's translation!) and wait patiently, without bugging over and over again, for the same, already reported, bug.

בברכת חג עצמאות שמח לכל בית ישראל
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2004, 05:20:24 PM »

Hi Yuval

th ı†W¸…Š@dont retrieve hebrew songsMarekevillabs@zoznam.sk213.151.217.129Po it at least works with Central European chrset and maybe if partially works even with Hebrew. There's no chance for me to check it as i don't speak hebrew.

In order to test it and possibly fix it, i would need following:

- some properly tagged hebrew mp3 file for which you can find lyrics at google
- link to google result page which contains links to lyrics to the mp3 file you're sending. Google query should contain hebrew word for "lyrics"
- you could also pick proper links to lyrics from mentioned result page

what i need to know is what player you are using EvilLyrics with, if the mp3 you're sending is displaying properly in this player without any special settings, and if song title displays properly in evillyrics search box

if somebody is willing to do all that i'd really appreciate it. you can send the mp3 file (the smaller the better) either via PM or to evillabs@zoznam.sk

thank you

EvilLyrics Developer
Saliman

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2004, 10:38:46 PM »

ive sent you an email with the requirements you have mentioned, hope it helps.
BaAvir
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2004, 11:00:31 AM »

Hello,
At first I would like to point out that EL is working beautifully with Hebrew lyrics (I am having a bit trouble getting it to work in portuguise...), so like we say here in Israel - all the honour to the developers!
The only problem I am having now, is the correct reading order (as you know, Hebrew is read from right to left...). On the 0.1.6 version, right clicking on the lyrics tray opened a general edit menu, identical to the one opened when right clicking on the song title in v0.1.7. The menu includes a "Right to left Reading order" option. Is there a way to fix this or to set the reading order on the lyrics tray?
Thank You and keep it up!!
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: