EvilLyrics forum
September 22, 2019, 10:39:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: more than 1000 songs. DAMN!  (Read 3331 times)
hotbrazilian
« on: December 26, 2003, 02:31:03 AM »

It finally reached the rs UW?more than 1000 songs. DAMN! hotbrazilian151.199.16.140100 karaokes. That's something for the developers to be proud of, but AT LEAST A THIRD OF THE KARAOKES ARE JUNK (including some of mine). I sometimes use other people's karaokes, but they don't match my songs at all. I know sometimes I might have a different version of that available on the website, so it obviously won't follow the lyrics. The solution for that is vote against the songs that aren't good. I don't think any song has been voted out yet, but I wanted to delete some songs that got posted (again including some of mine). Now here's the question: will the person lose their .kas file if it gets deleted from the site? If that's so, it would be a problem for people that have exclusive versions of songs because they don't usually match the original one.
I recommend voting for any songs that don't match yours to be deleted, no matter what, but then it woud be better if the person could still keep their file on their PC.
Another question I have been asking myself for some time is: "If I edit my lyrics and then I post its correspondent karaoke to the website, will the person who gets it need to edit it too so it matches what I did or will karaoke highlight whatever is displayed on EL???

Alright that's enough gibberish for now, any comments will be wellcomed!!!
Smiley
EvilLyrics forum
« on: December 26, 2003, 02:31:03 AM »

felipin-sioux

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 06:49:51 PM »

Yes, congrats for the 1000 lyrics!! It is awesome.. I hope we reach 2000 very soon!! and then 3000, 10000, 100000, 10^45, and so on..

For your questions, the person won't lose their karaokes if it gets deleted from the site, for 2 reasons: 1- there is simply no reason for doing this, because maybe that person is a lucky one which the .kas file perfectly works with his mp3.. 2- the program doesn't keep track of the changes in the server.. this means that the evillyrics doesn't spy the servers for knowing when there are new .kas, or when some were removed!!

Where are you from? I'm from Ribeiro Preto, SP.. conhece??
hotbrazilian
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 05:37:29 AM »

cacete se fala ingles mo bem hein, I was born in sao paulo, but I don't live there anymore, I moved to the US last year. I think I've been to riberao preto once, but I'm not sure. Is it anywhere near piracicaba? I just can't remember well.  

About EL I just love it. Did you post any karaokes? because I saw some karaokes for capital inicial's songs, but they didn't register their name. It could have been you.

Thanx for answering my questions! I'm waiting for your reply !!!
felipin-sioux

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 04:13:22 AM »

Ribeiro Preto is not very near Piracicaba, it is closer to So Carlos.. you probably had already came here.. it is where the chopperia Pinguim, the most famous of the country, is..

Yes, i've posted some karaokes, but all of them are named.. Btw, did you install the Lyrics Organizer, which comes together with the 0.6 installation? it was coded by me..  Cheesy

why did you move to USA? study? work? where are you living now(city)?

hey you have many karaokes posted!! keep up the great work!! Let's support evillyrics!!

one last question: how did you hear about evillyrics? i've posted news about it in two brazilian sites: www.ueba.com.br and www.ovelho.com but maybe you have "met" it from download.com top freeware too!

Happy New Year
hotbrazilian
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 04:41:56 AM »

Do you have an e-mail adr)U?more than 1000 songs. DAMN! hotbrazilian151.199.17.165~scence about Brazil somewhere out of this forum, which has nothing to do with users personal issues Cheesy  

I did install lyrics organizer (not on the first time I downloaded evillyrics, cuz I thought it'd have spyware or somethin, well I was wrong). The lyrcis organizer extension is way helpful in my opnion. It can upload edited lyrics much easier than EL itself, and it tells everything about all my lyrics and timestamps. I think I saw your name on it Felipe Gomes right? I appreciate your effort of creating that organizer, thanks. I just think it'd be easier if I could search lyrics instead of scrolling down everytime I need to find some lyrics , but that's ok anyways. What is the purpose of the "join lyrics"  function, I know it joins lyrics but, why would someone want to do that?Just curious..

I read about EL on the techtv website. Techtv is a tv station here in US that only talks about computers, new technology, games, news, and stuff like that. It's pretty cool! and every week they have a free download that they recommend to viewers. I liked the idea and downloaded EL. Now I'm a fan of EL. On the home page there's an icon that says "as seen on techtv" I think.

Happy Holidays for you too Smiley
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: