EvilLyrics forum
August 22, 2019, 03:06:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: EL STILL WONT AUTO LOAD  (Read 4702 times)
ADG96

« on: December 23, 2003, 02:46:14 PM »

Upgraded to WIN5 and EL still doesnt load automatically...ANY suggestions?Huh?
Thank you...
EvilLyrics forum
« on: December 23, 2003, 02:46:14 PM »

mai9

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 04:25:26 PM »

does "load" mean "start-up"? EvilLyrics never started up with Winamp, you have to start it by yourself.
ADG96

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 05:02:11 PM »

The following is what is on the site under FAQ...
So what youre saying is that after I start my media player I then have to run Evil lyrics and that starts the automatic mode?Huh

You can search for lyrics either in automatic or manual mode.
Automatic mode is on when you are running one of the supported media players. All you have to do is to start your media player and play a song. If it is properly tagged, EvilLyrics fetches song information from player window title and searches for corresponding lyrics.
mai9

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2003, 11:09:55 PM »

Here's what I do (and think it's the normal way of using EvilLyrics):

I start the player, play some song, start evillyrics, evillyrics founds the lyrics on the internet, I am happy Smiley

when I don't want more lyrics I close evillyrics, and keep the player playing, and I am still happy Smiley
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 11:52:37 AM »

Quote from: ADG96
The following is what is on the site under FAQ...
So what youre saying is that after I start my media player I then have to run Evil lyrics and that starts the automatic mode?Huh

You can search for lyrics either in automatic or manual mode.
Automatic mode is on when you are running one of the supported media players. All you have to do is to start your media player and play a song. If it is properly tagged, EvilLyrics fetches song information from player window title and searches for corresponding lyrics.

"automatic" doesn't refer to program startup but to song information retrieval. automatic - song is loaded when it changes in your player, manual - song is loaded when you type it's name into song information box.
EL does't start automatically with winamp.

EvilLyrics Developer
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 07:41:25 PM »

Quote from: Marek
"automatic" doesn't refer to program startup but to song information retrieval. automatic - song is loaded when it changes in your player, manual - song is loaded when you type it's name into song information box.
EL does't start automatically with winamp.

Oh, I see... so "Start with Winamp" (on the Advanced tab, v0.1.7 build 127) doesn't really mean "Start with Winamp." If this is the case (and if I understand this thread properly), this option should be renamed "Change upon Winamp" - with the explanation that this refers to detecting the song that Winamp's playing.

And, no, it's not that hard to manually start EvilLyric. Just as it's not all that hard to manually start every program I want to run at bootup - instead of putting it in my system's "Startup" folder... but why should I?
felipin-sioux

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 07:12:24 PM »

Oh, I see... so "Start with Winamp" (on the Advanced tab, v0.1.7 build 127) doesn't really mean "Start with Winamp."

No, you are right. It does mean "Start with Winamp", but you have to install a plugin. You can install it by running EL set-up again and checking the Start with Winamp plugin. You can install over the current installation, and your settings/lyrics won't be lost.

The "automatic" in FAQ means that EL will automatically retrieve song information from any player that is already loaded. And the "start with winamp"checkbox in advanced tab is used to control the program behavior if you already have this plugin installed.

Cheesy
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2004, 04:10:47 AM »

[quote="felipin-sioxN'f@Start with WinampGuest67.161.245.73= Winamp", but you have to install a plugin. You can install it by running EL set-up again and checking the Start with Winamp plugin. You can install over the current installation, and your settings/lyrics won't be lost.

The "automatic" in FAQ means that EL will automatically retrieve song information from any player that is already loaded. And the "start with winamp"checkbox in advanced tab is used to control the program behavior if you already have this plugin installed.

Cheesy[/quote]

I noticed this option during installation. I did select it and presumed all necessary plugins HAD been installed. This is why I was rather upset when it didn't (and still doesn't) start EvilLyric when I click on an MP3 file. Winamp automatically starts, but I still need to click on the EvilLyric icon.

BTW, this was a "virgin install." I had no previous version of EvilLyric on the system to interfere with proper installation.
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2004, 03:22:07 PM »

well .. possibly installer wasn't able to locate your winamp plugins directory. get it here and put the dll in your winamp plugins directorty, it should work.

http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/gen_ellaunch.zip

EvilLyrics Developer
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 06:23:11 PM »

Quote from: Marek
well .. possibly installer wasn't able to locate your winamp plugins directory. get it here and put the dll in your winamp plugins directorty, it should work.

I checked. and you're right - it didn't find C:\Winamp\Plugins. I just downloaded the file and I'll let you know how it goes.
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: