EvilLyrics forum
September 15, 2019, 09:51:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Edit Bug in new version  (Read 4609 times)
RuStiQuE
« on: December 02, 2003, 11:28:31 PM »

I know I give alot of comments today, but this is a great program and I would love to see it improved.

When I edit lyrics in the new version, it doesn't update it in the text file that is created; ie. When I return later to view the lyrics again, none of my changes was saved and the old lyrics are being displayed again. Sad
EvilLyrics forum
« on: December 02, 2003, 11:28:31 PM »

RuStiQuE
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 07:52:28 AM »

When "No lyrics found" at the first time it try to search - When I click next it says I should try reload first. I reload -> Try next -> "Try reload first"

And so it goes on. shocked
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 07:56:05 AM »

Quote from: RuStiQuE
When "No lyrics found" at the first time it try to search - When I click next it says I should try reload first. I reload -> Try next -> "Try reload first"

I used "Blazing Star - Miss You Woman.mp3" - It doesn't happen with all of them
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 10:55:06 AM »

When I edit lyrics in the new version, it doesn't update it in the text file that is created; ie. When I return later to view the lyrics again, none of my changes was saved and the old lyrics are being displayed again. Sad

thanks, it's fixed now

EvilLyrics Developer
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 11:02:30 AM »

"Try reload first" displays when you click "Next" only if lyrics were from cache. So it has to re-query search engines for the song again just to find out again that there are no lyrics available.

"Try next" usually does not work not because it's bug or something .. it's just because there are no lyrics available and i don't want to download another page which i know is not the lyrics.

EvilLyrics Developer
RuStiQuE
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 07:26:47 PM »

I was quite pleased to see that EL is trying to auto update when I opened it as I there is some bugs you want to fix and add filters and stuff. Except it didn't update. It started installing -> contact your site -> start downloading and then restarted the whole procedure over again. I had to ctrl alt del a few times to make it stop. It never finished updating and going into the program.  smiley

It restarts while downlaoding vilyricsexe.pac

I'm running Win 2000 Pro for what it's worth. Non of my other programs that auto updates gives this problem.
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2003, 07:40:14 PM »

I was quite pleased to see that EL is trying to auto update when I opened it as I there is some bugs you want to fix and add filters and stuff. Except it didn't update. It started installing -> contact your site -> start downloading and then restarted the whole procedure over again. I had to ctrl alt del a few times to make it stop. It never finished updating and going into the program.  smiley

It restarts while downlaoding vilyricsexe.pac

I'm running Win 2000 Pro for what it's worth. Non of my other programs that auto updates gives this problem.

I had to reinstall EL before it worked again
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2003, 07:46:26 PM »

sorry ... i uploaded file with wrong version number. anyone still experiencing problems? after 18:47 GMT

EvilLyrics Developer
RuStiQuE
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2003, 11:33:23 PM »

I know I give alot of comments today, but this is a great program and I would love to see it improved.

It seems to update the text file now when I click next and return later, but still doesn't save when I manualy change the lyrics.

Another small thing - Maybe check the filter on allthelyrics & lyricsdepot. They don't filter out the artist or writen by.
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2003, 10:25:59 AM »

When I return later to view the lyrics again, none of my changes was saved and the old lyrics are being displayed again. Sad

did you press save button after you finish editing?

Another small thing - Maybe check the filter on allthelyrics & lyricsdepot. They don't filter out the artist or writen by.

yes, i know about it. these pages use some 3-4 types of formatting .. it looks like every page is formatted differently so there is no universal filter. sometimes it includes info about the song into lyrics. there's nothing that can be done about it right now, only ingore these sites but i don't think this is good idea as they have lot of lyrics that can't be found anywhere else

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: