EvilLyrics forum
July 21, 2019, 11:56:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: development snapshot  (Read 3424 times)
Marek
Administrator

« on: November 15, 2003, 01:41:43 AM »

i posted latest development version into Development section .. try it out and let us know what you think ... there are some bugs but we know about them and they are being fixed.

in this state, previous version might be working better so this is only for those who like to test half finished software ... for the others it's better to wait for next beta

if you have any comments on bugs leave them under this topic to not confuse them with bugs from previous version

thanks
Marek

--------------------
EvilLyrics Developer

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum
« on: November 15, 2003, 01:41:43 AM »

felipin-sioux

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 10:19:12 PM »

I've roughly tested evily?6development snapshotfelipin-siouxfetago@ig.com.br200.100.41.110 uggested Addition
# -> Suggested improvement/change

! In karaoke mode, if a line starts with a - (dash)(i didn't tested other characters), evillyrics displays a "type mismatch" error and hangs up.
! when you are creating timestamps, If the same music is reloaded in winamp, the timecounter doesn't restart... i need to load another song and reload the one i wanted..
! can't edit lyrics if they are timestamped..
! if a song which has a timestamp is played, when the next song starts, evillyrics doesn't go back to the default text mode.
! some lyrics are being redownloaded even if they are cached, specially when evillyrics is in the karaoke mode (with the listbox instead of the textbox)
! when it is download some lyrics and you change the song, when the download is finished it saves the lyrics of the previous song, but with the name of the one that is being played.
# in the window that shows the karaoke line, when you click in the window to hide the borders, it should be sized as the same size as the white part, not the whole form..
# when a lyrics doesn't have timestamps, and the "show karaoke line" window is loaded, it should display the name of the song current playing, instead of a white form...
* when you are in karaoke saving mode, evillyrics should show individual timestamps for each line, so it would be easier for knowing if the stamps are right.
* when you are creating timestamps, when you press the down arrow it registers the time.. but if I pressed it wrongly, it is a hard work to restart all the song because a single line. So, if you press the UP arrow, it should consider that you are going back in the timestamps, so it will be much easier for creating them..
! when you type the song name in the textbox, instead of playing it with winamp, evillyrics doesn't look for the lyrics in the cache. it automatically finds it on the net.
# I see that the "filter out numbers" option is enabled by default in the settings. Please make this unchecked by default.
* The .kas files should have an identification of where the lyrics that were timestamped was downloaded.. I don't know if I explained well, 'cause my english is very bad. The idea is: when someone is creating the timestamps with lyrics that were downloaded through evillyrics and weren't edit, the .kas file should include information about the site that it was downloaded, so chances are much bigger that people will get the right timestamps..
# I understand the idea about not showing the "download information" inside evillyrics, but there should be some way to see the whole adress of the webpage where the lyrics were downloaded, because this is a good way for verifying if the lyrics are right.. An idea is to include this in a tooltip text, when you pass the mouse over the status bar, which shows the website were it was found.
felipin-sioux

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 11:40:05 PM »

quote:* when you are in karaoke saving mode, evillyrics should show individual timestamps for each line, so it would be easier for knowing if the stamps are right.

Example Screenshot:
felipin-sioux

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 06:46:16 PM »

! I see that the last timestamps are not being saved. All the karaoke files i created won`t show the last line of the music.. I don`t know if it is a bug or the timestamps are only recorded when you pass to the next line. I think this is happening because at the end of the music, i just highlight the last line of texts, and I don`t highlight the next white line. If this is intended to work like this, i think you should change, because most of people will do the same, and almost every timestamp won`t have the last line of the song.

* Manual uploading of timestamps file, because I create then in the week, while i`m offline, and i won`t have many time on the weekend to let my winamp play every song i timestamped through that week.
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 11:14:42 PM »

First, thanks for extensv

! In karaoke mode, if a line starts with a - (dash)(i didn't tested other characters), evillyrics displays a "type mismatch" error and hangs up.
- i guess this is one of these bugs. i tried with "-somethin", "- someting" and sole "-" in line but there was no error.

! when you are creating timestamps, If the same music is reloaded in winamp, the timecounter doesn't restart... i need to load another song and reload the one i wanted..
- yes, i know about it. but it is not a bug. only way evillyrics detects that song changed is that information in winamp's (or other player) window changes. when you restart song, nothing changes so there is no way to detect that moment. there is a way to retrieve position in song from winamp, but it's not working with other players. so it will have to stay that way

! can't edit lyrics if they are timestamped..
- thanks, fixed

! if a song which has a timestamp is played, when the next song starts, evillyrics doesn't go back to the default text mode.
- looks like it has been fixed already

! some lyrics are being redownloaded even if they are cached, specially when evillyrics is in the karaoke mode (with the listbox instead of the textbox)
- was fixed on friday, i was trying to reproduce this error again but i couldn't ... if you experience it with latest nightly let me know

! when it is download some lyrics and you change the song, when the download is finished it saves the lyrics of the previous song, but with the name of the one that is being played.
- hopefully fixed now. i tried skipping fast between some 30 songs and it diodn't happen again ... hope it's for good. if it happens again let me know

# in the window that shows the karaoke line, when you click in the window to hide the borders, it should be sized as the same size as the white part, not the whole form..
- good idea, implemented

# when a lyrics doesn't have timestamps, and the "show karaoke line" window is loaded, it should display the name of the song current playing, instead of a white form...
- not bad idea either, implemented

* when you are in karaoke saving mode, evillyrics should show individual timestamps for each line, so it would be easier for knowing if the stamps are right.
- you'll find if they are right by replaying the song, it has to be replayed anyway in order to submit lyrics

* when you are creating timestamps, when you press the down arrow it registers the time.. but if I pressed it wrongly, it is a hard work to restart all the song because a single line. So, if you press the UP arrow, it should consider that you are going back in the timestamps, so it will be much easier for creating them..
- maybe later

! when you type the song name in the textbox, instead of playing it with winamp, evillyrics doesn't look for the lyrics in the cache. it automatically finds it on the net.
- fixed

# I see that the "filter out numbers" option is enabled by default in the settings. Please make this unchecked by default.
- i found that for my mp3 collection i gen better results with this option checked

* The .kas files should have an identification of where the lyrics that were timestamped was downloaded.. I don't know if I explained well, 'cause my english is very bad. The idea is: when someone is creating the timestamps with lyrics that were downloaded through evillyrics and weren't edit, the .kas file should include information about the site that it was downloaded, so chances are much bigger that people will get the right timestamps..
- no .. we don't want karaoke files to be tied with specific lyrics, we guess length of the song and it's name should suffice to identify correct timestamps. and they are made in a way to work with different (slightly different) versions of lyrics

# I understand the idea about not showing the "download information" inside evillyrics, but there should be some way to see the whole adress of the webpage where the lyrics were downloaded, because this is a good way for verifying if the lyrics are right.. An idea is to include this in a tooltip text, when you pass the mouse over the status bar, which shows the website were it was found.
- url now shows in a tooltip of "globe" button .. like "open page http://www.lyrics.com/blahblah in browser ..."

--------------------
EvilLyrics Developer

EvilLyrics Developer
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2003, 01:49:50 PM »

test

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: