EvilLyrics forum
August 24, 2019, 11:17:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: EvilLyrics just stopped working!  (Read 4324 times)
barkingPumpkin

« on: November 14, 2003, 11:21:45 AM »

AS this is a Winamp plugin (sorta) it has been a staple when I listen to music and want "words".

Last night after installing "eJukebox" another kinda cool detail oriented tool for lyrics, soglists, album art ect... Evil Lyrics quit working.  It launches but is does nothing. No connections ; no google connectivety ; no connections even if you type in artist - song.

I removed the eJukebox completely.  I cleaned the registry and shortcuts and directory under c:program files.

I did the same to EvilLyrics.

I rebooted...

I reinstalled evillyrics.

Same issue.

Suggestions?

Kind regards,

The pumpkin that woofs...
EvilLyrics forum
« on: November 14, 2003, 11:21:45 AM »

barkingPumpkin

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 11:48:42 PM »

Hi,

Is this a Forum to post problems, suggestions and tips/tricks that everyone just reads or are the creators of EvilLyrics paying attention and seeing there are some issues with this very cool program.

Is there a better place to get tech support?  I am keenly aware this is a free program so you get what you pay for.  I just notice that my problem with Evillyrics just stopped working has been experienced by others and I see no resolution or attempt at one anywhere.

I have uninstalled the program, uninstalled winamp3, cleaned out the registery entires and directories.  Reinstalled everything and no difference.  The program just sits there.  You drag playlists and nothing.  You click reload and nothing.

I am usig WIN 2K Professional all patched and fixes.

Thanks...

Kind regards,

The pumpkin that woofs...
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 01:08:09 AM »

Only issue that has been reported about EvilLyrics stopping working was actually when EvilLyrics moves out of the screen and new position of winodw is saved into settings file so every time it is started then window just doesn't show up. This can be fixed by deleting settings.txt files.

The problem with EL running but "doing nothing" is new to me ... so pls try deleting settings file, make sure no instance of evillyrics is running in background (using task manager) and reinstal file. You can also try if latest development snaphshot (it can be found in Development section of the site) doesn't fix your problem.

If nothing hepls let me know but pls report more in detail what's actaully happening

--------------------
EvilLyrics Developer

EvilLyrics Developer
Rskid

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 03:46:52 AM »

I wrote back on the 31st of October, it just stopped working also and recieved no helpand I didn't install any new software at the time
Welcome to the Machine

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 12:16:48 AM »

evil lyrics stopped searching for the songs and is only searching for Windows Media Player even if i type the song in. i tried different things but the never worked. i dont really know what to do this thing is was so good until it stopped working do you know what i can do???
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 09:15:41 AM »

Quote from: Welcome to the Machine
evil lyrics stopped searching for the songs and is only searching for Windows Media Player even if i type the song in. i tried different things but the never worked. i dont really know what to do this thing is was so good until it stopped working do you know what i can do???

what version of EvilLyrics do you use? and are you sure there are no other instances of any of supported players running on background? or, aren't you using some weird winamp plugins?

EvilLyrics Developer
zeke

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2003, 09:40:28 PM »

Quote from: Welcome to the Machine

I got the same problem and i swear to god i have tested every f*cking suggestion i have read from this board...

Maybe the stars are just in wrong position.  huh
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: