EvilLyrics forum
December 12, 2019, 09:35:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: missing dll file  (Read 7497 times)
Anonymous
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2004, 07:25:03 PM »

Wow ! Great idea ! Thanks !

I tried it, it works just as you said, but I have 2 suggestions:

1) Make a tool-tip for that icon, so it's function will be clear.
2) When "on-line" and if no song in background, make a few seconds of delay before it actually tries to connect, so that if I was on-line earlier, I can go off-line soon enough.
If you'll make it only when there's no song in the background, the delay won't annoy LAN users, and everyone will be happy !

You are very nice to include that function, and I thank you very much for that Marek !
EvilLyrics forum
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2004, 07:25:03 PM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2004, 11:51:17 AM »

[quote="Anonymous&qo/rv@missing dll fileMarekevillabs@zoznam.sk213.151.217.129uaid, but I have 2 suggestions:

1) Make a tool-tip for that icon, so it's function will be clear.
2) When "on-line" and if no song in background, make a few seconds of delay before it actually tries to connect, so that if I was on-line earlier, I can go off-line soon enough.
If you'll make it only when there's no song in the background, the delay won't annoy LAN users, and everyone will be happy !

You are very nice to include that function, and I thank you very much for that Marek ![/quote]

ok, i can think of adding a message box (optional) on EvilLyrics start which asks you whether you want to use it in online/offline mode. but what i'm missing here is what is autodial function on modem good for? (well, i never used modem so i might not understand) ... but word "auto" indicates that it's dialled automatically when it's needed. if i want to have full control i turn off autodial (it was turned off by default with my cell phone modem which i used for purposes of testing this) and dial it only when i want ... or ... please explain

edit: i'm just asking because there are already about 500.000 installations of EvilLyrics and if i can remember no one complained about this behavior up to now

EvilLyrics Developer
Anonymous
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2004, 01:20:51 PM »

message box would be anny/v@missing dll file   Anonymous192.117.254.87and no song in b/g anyway, will be harmless for all.
The current method of clicking the icon in the statusbar is fantastic - no need to turn that into an optional heavy dialogs...

about the autodial, I guess you're right, but it's a matter of prefrences - if I launch an internet shortcut, I want my computer to dial right away, no questions asked. However, I like to know that I know what programs trigger such behaviour, and that is expected and justified. For an internet shortcut it's obvious, but for a lyrics program that I may enjoy offline too, even if I turn on the confirmation for the connection dialog, I'll get a very annoying box each time I start it...I hope I'm understood here...

It is really surprising to know no one but me has complained, but I do know of friends of mine who miss such feature too, but they're unexperienced users who d/l'ed EL build 6 from some other site maybe and don't know-of or care about dev. builds...

Anyway, to sum it up - your current support is very good, I don't want you to work harder and bloat your own software for something that a 1 in a 500,000 asks - you did great already! a tooltip and delay if not too much work will close this issue totally for me (you may lough about the tooltip, but I recommend this software to loads of people who WILL need this tip...)

thank you !
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: « 1 2
  Print  

Jump to: