EvilLyrics forum
October 16, 2019, 11:55:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: "Add lyrics tag in iTunes" does not work.  (Read 3056 times)
flatrick

« on: April 30, 2009, 06:49:24 AM »

Hello,

I have used Evil Lyrics in the past with an older version of Evil Lyrics and an older version of iTunes. At that time, I remember that I was able to automatically tag my whole music library with lyrics imported with Evil Lyrics. In other words, I did not have to listen to my music one song at a time and browse all of them in order to get the lyrics; I just selected all my songs and I could import all the lyrics with Evil Lyrics and genuinely tag my MP3s with those lyrics (so that when you went to iTunes > Right-click a song > "Get Info" > "Lyrics" you would get the imported lyrics instead of using Evil Lyrics).

The problem is that I do not even remember how this feature used to function and now, in any case, I am using the most up-to-date versions of both iTunes and Evil Lyrics. When reading Evil Lyrics' FAQ, I only found this:

"How do I make EvilLyrics work with iTunes

Answer:   
                Since version 0.1.8 EvilLyrics works with iTunes without need to install any additional software.

Extra feature in EvilLyrics only related to iTunes is writing lyrics into a mp3, that can be later displayed in iTunes song properties > Lyrics tab, or in your iPod.
                Feature can be turned on in Evillyrics' Preferences > Advanced > Other settings > Add lyrics tag in iTunes"

I have checked that particular box, but whenever I play a song and Evil Lyrics imports the lyrics, it does not automatically tag the MP3. I find that very curious, as I have understood that it is in fact supposed to tag the MP3 automatically...or is that not the case at all?
In addition, I do not understand why the feature which enabled you to import the lyrics to all your MP3s and tagging them automatically does not exist anymore? Or, if it does, why this feature is not explained anywhere? I tried to find an explanation both in the FAQ and the forum, but have been utterly unsuccessful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! And otherwise, keep up the good work!
EvilLyrics forum
« on: April 30, 2009, 06:49:24 AM »

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: