EvilLyrics forum
August 25, 2019, 12:14:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Still getting the Lyrics not Found message  (Read 8350 times)
sk8r_tbs

« on: September 21, 2007, 10:40:09 PM »

I'm using iTunes but even when i tried with Winamp, every song, really common ones even (john mayer) for example, i get "Lyrics not Found" with the next lyrics button greyed out
I downloaded the newest version out so it's not that, any suggestions?  sad
Thanks!
EvilLyrics forum
« on: September 21, 2007, 10:40:09 PM »

velodoug

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 01:53:09 AM »

I have been getting the same behavior ever since I installed v0.1.9 build 143.
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 10:22:39 AM »

another fix, sorry

now try:

1. update filters from Preferences and check if it works (you'll maybe need to restart evillyrics?)
2. if 1. didn't work, try redownloading from http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/evillyrics.zip

please let me know if any of the solutions worked (best would be if you could prove that no.1 works)

EvilLyrics Developer
maximumspider

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 04:10:23 PM »

another fix, sorry

now try:

1. update filters from Preferences and check if it works (you'll maybe need to restart evillyrics?)
2. if 1. didn't work, try redownloading from http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/evillyrics.zip

please let me know if any of the solutions worked (best would be if you could prove that no.1 works)

hi..i have the same problem and i try to do what you say but i still have the problem..when i start the program a yellow box appear with the "checking for new filters.. " message..then a green square with the welcome message and then the red square with an error message: "error while updating" and if i listen a song it says lyrics not found..i don't know what i mistake..i have win xp sp2, firefox, zone alarm, avg personal and avira antivir...can you help me?
Kyoshiro

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 03:07:45 PM »

Non of them works ~_~
At least now I see "downloading..." for millisecond and then again "Lyric not found" >.<
I tried this as well but same result >=[
maximumspider

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 05:15:28 PM »

hi man..now everythings work,,the problem was that my internet explorer didn't work but i never use it cause i use firefox..i reinstal it and now it's all ok..bye
sonofabass

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 07:50:14 AM »

Hi,

I've used evil lyrics for a while (3 years) but then stopped a while ago cuz it broke. (couldnt find most lyrics) Then with the update, and manual update of filters it would work sometimes.

To this day I don't use it much because 50% of the time it cant find any lyrics. Please don't tell me to update/new filters - done that.

If I google the song title/lyrics then I get a hit on the first page or two. Why can't this once useful program be fixed? Anyone know of other programs that function the way evil lyrics does? That still works?

Thanks
emq

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 10:02:41 PM »

same here sonofabass; for some time now i just open a google query (with a evillyrics button) and paste the lyrics manually, kinda annoying, but better something than nothing i guess
censored711man

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 03:04:31 AM »

I find that EvilLyrics will find "lyrics" on youtube, with no other sites it looks for lyrics.  If choose not to use unknown sites, only get "Lyrics not found". . .
s0ny

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 05:03:19 PM »

Plz help  i read all posts concerning "lyrics not found" and tested all possibilities. My Evil lyrics client found nothing. I always get the Error "lyrics not found". But i think the EL client isn't searching for lyrics. I re-installed about 10 times. I tried restart of PC and client. Shut down firewall. Changed region settings to hebrew. Updated filters....  i tried everithing.

When i type any songtitle manual in the EL Client its the same... "lyrics not found"....

I use: Windows XP SP2 Version 2002

but 3 month ago i instaled EL it works perfektly.... Huh?? whats happened Huh

plz help
lbarto

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 12:45:49 AM »

I installed EL a few weeks ago and first it worked as usual. But then, all of a sudden, I also got this "Lyrics not found"-message. I analysed my network traffic and EL turned out to receive actual results. So the filters and stuff are alright, but for some strange reason the client refuses to display or accept the response from the server.

I use Windows XP Professional SP3 with Internet Explorer 8 Beta installed. Maybe got something to do with this?

Tell me if you need more information

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most
Seether166

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 02:51:28 AM »

lbarto...very informative post.  I have similar problems on Win XP Pro.  I have IE7 installed but don't use it.  I exclusively use FF3.  That being said, I did configure IE7 to work because, and I'm not a Windows programmer, I think you can derive connection settings via the IE settings?  I didn't know if Marek was doing that.  I'm using the most recent version of EL and updated my preferences.  I also turned off my firewall but got no joy.  It's funny, this used to work fine but recently started breaking on several computers.  It's a little disappointing because EL is one of my favorite programs!

Marek, let me know if I can provide any more info to try and diagnose this problem.  Thanks!
pito

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 08:16:13 AM »

I got same problem here. It's keep saying lyrics not found, after I done all solution here. Plus EL not load as long with winamp, that's weird. I have using EL for a year and suddenly got problem with the new EL. huh huh

Plz help anybody who know to solve this prob.
Thanks
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 10:13:12 PM »

problem should be fixed by now

EvilLyrics Developer
ibebrady

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 11:14:31 PM »

whatever you do, you work miracles lol. evillyrics works perfect now thanks a bunch
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  

Jump to: