EvilLyrics forum
July 16, 2019, 10:29:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: How to relate Karaoke to Milkdrop system...  (Read 3504 times)
Kyou
« on: June 12, 2007, 12:52:08 AM »

Can someone explain it to me? I knew that is possible to assamble karaoke with milkdrop system... please, help me...
EvilLyrics forum
« on: June 12, 2007, 12:52:08 AM »

Martin
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »

felix' answer works perfectly

see

http://www.evillabs.sk/forum/index.php/topic,1380.0.html
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 12:07:29 AM »

you have to give me more details, milkdrop intergration is quite problematic.
first, you have to have "milkdrop support" option in EL preferences checkedand winamp running

then, what happens when you press milkdrop button in EL toolbar?

it should launch milkdrop window in winamp

now, try to run some karaoke in evillyrics

does the lines display in milkdrop as they ae highlighted in EL?

if no ... try to focus to winamp's milkdrop window and try to press 01 (key zero, key one). some text should appera in milkdrop window (that's what evillyrics does, it simulates sending keystrokes 01 to milkdrop, which milkdrop understands as a coomand to display first message ie message 01 from milk_msg.ini file)

if that doesn't work, there may be some problem with your milkdrop

also, evillyrics may not correctly reognize milkdrop location if it's not properly installed. it looks into registry for winamp/milkdrop installation folder to get the path to milk_msg.ini (which it keeps changing in specific interval and command milkdrop to display updated messgages from the ini file - that's how whole thing works)

i also ran into a problem with keyboar layouts. my default keyboard has the keys "Y" and "Z" switched. unless i change keybard layout to US one, it simply doesnt work (i forgot to mention above that somewhere in between a key "Y" has to be pressed after 0 and 1)

EvilLyrics Developer
ClioCJS

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 11:10:55 PM »

That sounds like a pain, Marek -- but trust me -- this is the best feature for EvilLyrics.  When throwing a party, to have Milkdrop display incredible visuals (on a 52-inch tv) with the lyrics appearing on the screen as they are sung - NOTHING ON THE PLANET BEATS THIS!

Keep up the good work. Smiley

-Clint
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: