EvilLyrics forum
August 26, 2019, 12:25:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »
  Print  
Author Topic: "Lyrics Not Found" bug now present in all versions of Evillyrics - WILL BE FIXED  (Read 12571 times)
mediajunkie

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 07:44:10 PM »

same thing here. several uninstall and reinstalls. downloaded new version. constant 'lyrics not founf', and 'try next result is 'greyed' out. is everybody else's EL working, and just ours is non-functional? maybe we should make a check-list of all the options that can be checked, etc. and be able to see a kind of side-by-side comparison. any help would be appreciated.
EvilLyrics forum
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 07:44:10 PM »

itstrue

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 10:18:38 PM »

I'm also getting the exact same problem.  Seems like it is failing the same way that happened back in late May.
Athenon

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 07:26:35 AM »

Bug confirmed.  I had the bug in the version I had (I forget which one it was), then updated to latest, then to the dev - all to no avail.  I don't know what causes it, but the search happens incredibly fast and it won't find lyrics for songs that I KNOW it should.

I've used EvilLyrics for what...years I think, and I've never had this problem.  A fix would be greatly appreciated!  Smiley

Also, if there's anything I can do to help, contact me at eric@simud.org.

EDIT: If it helps, I'm almost certain my original version was working fine and all of a sudden quit (I tried to get it to read iTunes radio station songs and such, but it failed, but that was an iTunes thing - it was picking up the radio station name instead, so I tried a few different players.  I finally decided on winamp - then I began having this dreaded bug).  Point is: it quit all of a sudden - the bug was triggered somehow.
mirish55

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007, 07:28:08 PM »

grin

I've fixed mine - yay!

EL was working ok for years, no probs.  Then for weeks whenever Winamp would start up it wanted me to download the latest version (5. something), and I'd just totally ignore it and close that window and everything just kept on working fine.  Then, a few days ago, instead of closing the "Download the newest version of winamp" box I must have accidently clicked on the "update" option.  Next thing ya know, I have the newest version of Winamp, which I totally did not want.  Around this time, EL stopped working and I kept getting that "Lyrics not found" error. 

So, today I blew away the latest winamp and went to a site where you could download older versions of winamp (http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=winamp).  I uninstalled EL as well, just to be sure everything was nice and fresh.  Installed winamp 2.95, then reinstalled latest EL 0.1.9. build 143.  WORKING GREAT!! 

Perhaps it would work with other older versions of winamp - because there are a lot to chose from the site I mentioned above, but I'm happy with this fix. 

Let me know if you do try it with a more recent version of winamp and it works.  Hope this helps somebody!

mediajunkie

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2007, 08:37:49 PM »

Hmmmm. Mine is working okay again kinda by itself. I did do something similiar to what you did, but I'm not as convinced as you are that what I did 'fixed' my problem. I had previously been a 'lifelong' WinAmp Boy. Completely satisfied and impressed by the software. Then, about a year or so ago, anytime I just double-clicked a .mp3 from, say, Windows Explorer, WinAmp would sputter and skip the .mp3 playback for quite awhile, so much so, that it was actually unpleasant to listen to my .mp3's for a long time. Now, it wasn't all the time that the sputtering would be present, but about 80% of the time I would have to just end up closing WinAmp, and not listening to my music. Now, I admit, I am a multi-tasking fiend. Often times I will have, you know, two, three, four programs running simultaneously, and maybe have one or two windows open surfing the internet, and WinAmp running, so I may have been taxing my system a bit, but it was still annoying. Anyways, once I found MediaMonkey I was so overwhelmingly impressed I actually did uninstall WinAmp. It wasn't until about a day or two later that I started having problems with EvilLyrics, and I don't attribute the uninstall with the "No lyrics" issue. But the problem did arise, like, two days later, and part of my list of things to try was to re-install WinAmp. I didn' go to an earlier version, as I did have ver. 5.x before, and all was workind well before, but I did not have EvilLyrics immediately up and running right after the re-install, either. It wasn't until, like, two or three days later that EvilLyrics fixed itslef. From what I hear, and I believe this to be true, Google made some changes as to how it performed it's searches and it fould up EL's search functionality. Either way, my EvilLyrics is back to full strength, and I'm a happy boy. Hope everybody else's problems clear up soon as well. Peace. Good Luck.
Athenon

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2007, 07:28:35 PM »

Yeah.  It should work now - see the other no lyrics thread (its the second non-sticky in this forum currently).  One of the admins fixed it Smiley  So if you have problems, go download the new version Smiley
im_it1234

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 06:14:58 AM »

Seems like everyone else got it working with winamp.  I am using iTunes 7.04 and for about a week evi lyrics has stopped responding. Lyrics in ELO work and show up but that I believe is becasue those are local to my machine.  Same issue as everyone else has experienced different player.  Never had an issue before.   
im_it1234

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 06:21:09 AM »

Just downloaded a new version then update filters and now it works fine  Sorry if I messed up by repying to my own post.  I tried to update the filters before and it did not work so I am not sure what happened but I am just glad it works.
Festus Mcracken

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 03:30:40 AM »

I guess I initially didnt notice, but it only happens when i attempt to play new to playlist music, so i dont know how long its been happening. I was using a year old or so version of winamp, and after downloading all of the listed downloads in the threads, updating via the menu, as well as updating and using older versions of winamp to no avail. Hopefully it will work itself out.
GMan
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 12:48:58 AM »

Yup, build 143 not working. I hope there will be fix soon.
Thanx Evil!
Nostariel

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 10:49:21 AM »

Not working for me in either XMplay or WMP 9, using 0.1.9 (build 143). Hope this gets fixed soon.
cry

"Information is the currency of democracy" - Thomas Jefferson
intx

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2007, 07:53:04 PM »

yeah, still broken for me, was working fine a few months ago.

tested using latest build, 0.19 143.

based on this thread here, a lot of people have this problem right now with the latest build:
http://www.evillabs.sk/forum/index.php/topic,1594.0.html

this definitely brought light to how dependent I've become on this program, and I'd like to thank Marak again for his amazing contribution to the way we listen to music.
steph123
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2007, 07:59:17 PM »

Hi,

I have also been using el for months but in the last couple days, it stopped working completely with no lyrics found. I really hope you will have time to find the problem because i really like this application.

Thanks for your time

Bye
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 10:22:55 AM »

Did you try to redownload the file from http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/evillyrics.zip ? there was a silent update some week or so ... if it doesn't work, i'll try to fix it

EvilLyrics Developer
danzero

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2007, 03:53:01 PM »

Did you try to redownload the file from http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/evillyrics.zip ? there was a silent update some week or so ... if it doesn't work, i'll try to fix it
I've tried after I had noticed it wasn't working for new songs not in the cache.... and it is still not working. )))):
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: « 1 2 3 »
  Print  

Jump to: