EvilLyrics forum
September 27, 2020, 09:26:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: MediaMonkey + Milkdrop and EL  (Read 3910 times)
felixsmile

« on: January 02, 2007, 01:22:49 PM »

Hi everyone,

This is just another post to explain how to use EL with Milkdrop and MediaMonkey, as I struggled quite a lot, and found out how to make it work properly just now. I suppose you have a working version of EL now, which works together with MediaMonkey.

1) Install the Winamp Version of Milkdrop in MediaMonkey (1.04 NOT 1.04b, otherwise the lyrics won't show correctly!). You can download it from this website:

http://www.nullsoft.com/free/milkdrop/

It would usually not install in the MediaMonkey folder. Install it in your Winamp folder, then copy all the Milkdrop files (you can find them in the Winamp Plugins folder) including the Milkdrop folder to the MediaMonkey plugins folder.

2) As I have explained here:

http://www.evillabs.sk/forum/index.php/topic,1380.0.html

go into the registry (type regedit in start/run) you go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Winamp, then you doubleclick default and put in there C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey. If you haven't got Winamp installed, you just create a new key in Software that you call Winamp.

Be careful with the registry, as always...

3) Start MediaMonkey, start Milkdrop, start Evillyrics, go in Karaoke mode, click on the Milkdrop icon in Evillyrics, and it's done.

The new thing in this post is that YOU NEED TO USE VERSION 1.04 NOT 1.04b (provided with MediaMonkey), otherwise the lyrics don't display correctly.

This is the best free solution for Karaoke I've found on the internet. No other program has such a large quantity of free karaoke files available AND can show them with a nice visualisation. MiniLyrics is not free anymore, and moreover, it has no nice visualisation included. LyricsFX is extremely buggy and never worked well on my PC, even less with MediaMonkey than with Winamp.

The only thing missing is multiple line support, which is a limitation of Milkdrop 1.04.

I hope the "karaoke"-support will further improve in newer versions of EL and wish all of you a happy new year.

Felix.
EvilLyrics forum
« on: January 02, 2007, 01:22:49 PM »

Jaro
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 07:22:07 PM »

Thanks, your post was nice and salving (especially for those, who where blamed here, they wouldn't read the posts).

Ad-on and suggestions:
* yes, only works with 1.04. So download this version of milktrop and install. (if you create a winamp.exe file in MediaMonkey folder, you can directly install there)
* If you use winamp as external Player in MediaMonkey also use 1.04. And dont change registry.

Anyone knows a good milkdrop konfiguration for lyrics. E.G. no animated background. Only white text (fading) on black background. Would be nice! Thanks. Greetings Jesko.
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: