EvilLyrics forum
December 06, 2019, 05:42:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Impossible to synchronise  (Read 1931 times)
Mushi
« on: June 19, 2006, 05:17:27 PM »

This is crazy. It's impossible for me to make great karaoke, because EvilLyrics can't synchronise with Winamp!
It's synchronised the first 1-2 seconds but then the time in EvilLyrics starts going faster!
So if a song is 3:12 long, then EvilLyrics says it's 3:14 or more. And when I watch my karaoke with the song, it will be a bit delayed before it highlights the correct text.
It's really annoying. Why doesn't EvilLyrics know how long one second is supposted to be?

huh huh huh

EDIT:
I've been waiting for a long time now, and only 3 people have read this post. I guess this forum isn't that active. Too bad.
EvilLyrics forum
« on: June 19, 2006, 05:17:27 PM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 06:07:31 PM »

It's actually Winamp's "fault" - time in Evillyrics is correct, time in Winamp is incorrect.

When you try running for example 4:00 long song in Winamp, you can notice that it ends at 3:58 and then resumes to the next song. When you have EvilLyrics running in recording mode during this, time information in EvilLyrics statusbar is correct, i.e. in the end of the song it reads 4:00.

So the result is, you should only make sure times are synchronized when the song starts, you can ignore the time differences later.

Best way to record karaoke is to play a song that is one position BEFORE the song for which you actually want to record karaoke, then move slider to the end of that song and when YOUR song starts to play, times in Evillyrics and Winamp should be synchronized properly.

EvilLyrics Developer
Mushi
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 08:58:58 PM »

Oh thanks Smiley

I'm trying to use iTunes instead now for a while, I think it works more properly there Smiley
But I will remeber what you said in case if I want to use Winamp again!

Thank you!

EDIT: I noticed one thing though... in iTunes you can't stop, only pause... haha so that's not better either...
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: