EvilLyrics forum
June 25, 2019, 07:51:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Constantly Crashing  (Read 1911 times)
Jiggs
« on: May 21, 2006, 04:38:50 PM »

EvilLyrics is great, but it crashes for me very often. With no error message. At certain songs, and randomly in the middle of a song, but thats more rare.

When i skip or go back songs fast, it happes after like 10 songs.
It could be while searching for lyrics for certain songs, but i'm not sure.

Ok, just did a test, one of the songs it always crashes on is "Xavier Naidoo - Tage und Stunden feat. Bintia"

No new version has been released in a year, so im not sure if developement is still happening, but i really hope so as its a great programme.
But the crashing makes it very annoying and im searching for alternatives till thats fixed.

I am using WMP 11 by the way.

Hope there is a solution, or a new version soon.

Thank you, Jiggs
EvilLyrics forum
« on: May 21, 2006, 04:38:50 PM »

Filippo
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 08:05:54 PM »

Hi, I'v run many tests with version 0.1.7 build 141, changing song very quickly and running EvilLyrics for long time. It never crashed. the player used is Winamp 5.21

WMP sucks. and that's a fact.

--
Filippo
Mushi
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 05:28:06 PM »

My EvilLyrics has crashed a couple of times too, and it's when I'm skipping songs fast... It's like it can't handle that... So I'm trying not to skip songs that fast anymore  tongue
(I'm using Winamp 5.23, and the latest version of EvilLyrics)
tsipyt

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 09:29:27 PM »

Hello,

yes I experience this problem, too. I can reproduce crashes of Evillyrics with certain songs. In my case it has nothing to do with the fact which player I am using (iTunes most of the time btw.) because the crashes happen when a certain website is being parsed or searched or whatever Evillyrics does exactly. On an earlier installation of Windows i got a strange Windows memory failure error, but now it just crashes without any information being given. I'd say that Evillyrics receives information that it can not cope with and therfore crashes. At the moment this works with the song "Talk Talk - Talk Talk" when the information from www.lyricsmania.com are being processed. I believe someone else should be able to reproduce this bug... and be able to post a little note.

Evil regards,
tsipyt
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: