EvilLyrics forum
June 18, 2019, 01:09:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Evillyrics not working if multiple artists in artist field  (Read 1278 times)
Ahuasca
« on: January 10, 2006, 04:37:06 PM »

Hello,

I disoż°2Ę‘√C:Evillyrics not working if multiple artists in artist fieldAhuascabaggeler@bluewin.ch81.221.183.106Ě   &".

I.e. if I ask for a song saved as "Sine Calmon & Marrao Fumegante - Nayambing Blues"

The problem is obviously that & is not allowed in the Artist field. The reality however is that I have probably some 1'000 songs formatted like this as - especially for brazilian music - it is common to show all participating artist.

Currently Evil Lyrics automatically converts thiis to "Sine Calmon †Marrao Fumegante - Nayambing Blues", i.e. the & is simply removed. However, this solution will hardly ever find any results.

I have 2 suggestions to solve this problem:

1. Add an option to EvilLyrics which would cut everything behind the & and thus in above answer would search for "Sine Calmon - Nayambing Blues" instead.
2. Add an option to replace the invalid & with anything else, e.g. "and", "feat." etc. This is especially important not to hard code as it will defer for other countries/languages, e.g. "e" in Brazil, Portugal and France, "und" in Germany etc.

And, last but not least, maybe even working through the different approaches (First try same as existing, then by replacing & by some valid string, then by removing additional artists...) until finding the correct songtext would be absolutely the top of my dreams...

I think this should not be a big deal to implement, right?

Similar problem would be to offer an optional replacement list. E.g. in Brazil (by now you probably know that I like brazilian music wink) they have the bad habit to sometimes call a group "Banda X" or just "X". As this is probably the same for lyrics titles, it would tremendously improve the search results if EvilLyrics could handle a list of optional words that - if search is unsuccessful - would be ignored in a second try.

In other words I as user would allways save the Artist as "Banda X" and Evillyrics would use this as first try, but if this is not successful, then it would try for "X"...

Hope not asking too much - Your tool is REALLY a GREAT thing and I am fascinated, although it is just the second day I use it and am still learning...

Ahua
EvilLyrics forum
« on: January 10, 2006, 04:37:06 PM »

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: