EvilLyrics forum
August 26, 2019, 12:57:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did Install ask me for Dell-Installed Programs Backup Disc?  (Read 2447 times)
Lawrence
« on: December 18, 2005, 02:02:52 AM »

I just installed EvilLyrics and during the installation process I was asked to insert my "Backup: Dell-Installed Programs" disc.

This was quite alarming, but I took a chance and "trusted" the installation program. (Fool that I am.)

I had the disc and I inserted it. Everything seems OK and EvilLyrics works, but what did EvilLyrics do to my computer's setup that I had to insert this particular disc?
EvilLyrics forum
« on: December 18, 2005, 02:02:52 AM »

Otto
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 05:41:29 PM »

That's freakin' weird, man. For the record, I installed it without it asking for said disc. I don't have a Dell mind you, but it didn't ask for anything like that.

Are you sure it wasn't just a matter of timing coincidence? Or perhaps installshield being funky? In any case, EvilLyrics certainly doesn't need any computer specific disks to install.
S][evo
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 11:19:47 AM »

Sounds like something related to the OEM version of the operating system on your dell. Chances are the dell version of your windows installation didn't have a particular system file installed (probably one that is usually already there with a standard Windows setup), so setting up EvilLyrics probably triggered the OS (or some Dell software) to try to fetch the file.

Layman's speak, it's obviously nothing bad, but it's more a Dell-oriented cause than something EvilLyrics did.
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: