EvilLyrics forum
September 27, 2020, 07:25:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with Milkdrop  (Read 4283 times)
Anty

« on: November 13, 2005, 01:44:44 PM »

Hello,

I have a problem with EvilLyrics:

the karaokefunction works fine, but whenever I try to play it in Milkdrop, it doesn't work. What I'm I doing wrong?
I've already selected the Milkdrop support - button in EvilLyrics.
Can someone help me?

BTW: I'm using the latest version (20/07/2005)

thx in advance
EvilLyrics forum
« on: November 13, 2005, 01:44:44 PM »

ClioCJS

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 08:25:07 PM »

i believe you have to have milkdrop installed to the standard area.... i.e. if it isn't in c:\program files\winamp\ where will evillyrics find it? (It wont? I'm not sure, Marek would know for sure.)

-Clint
geordietx

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 04:10:57 AM »

I don't believe that's correct - you have the right idea, but you just have to make sure that you install EL into the right spot in Winamp.  It doesn't matter where Winamp is as long as you install EL in synch with that Winamp directory.  I think your best bet is to reinstall both - if you're careful, it won't mess up your settings. 

I had the same problem and that's how I finally resolved it - just reinstalling both - after I had mess around with it for HOURS trying to get it to work!

Attention all members of the Time-Shifting Association:  Our next regular meeting will be last Friday at 3:00 p.m.  Do not be late.
ClioCJS

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 06:22:30 AM »

don't listen to geordietx.. You don't "install" evillyrics to winamp.  Winamp is completely unchanged and untouched be evillryics.  Evillyrics is a standalone program.  EvilLyrics WILL affect MilkDrop by rewriting the milk_msg.ini file every time a line is sung.  It can't magically know where winamp is; it looks specifically at c:\program files\winamp

if you don't have it in that folder, and you have an NTFS filesystem, you can use the junction command to put a fake winamp on c: pointing to whever yours really is.  otherwise, you'll just have to move it there.

-Clint
geordietx

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 10:40:52 AM »

Um, ClintJCL, I just happened to run across this response to my response trying to help somebody, and you are WRONG!  My winamp is installed in "F:\winamp", so that shoots your whole response down: "It can't magically know where winamp is; it looks specifically at c:\program files\winamp"!  Perhaps "install" isn't the word of choice when speaking of the relationship between winamp and EL; however, after installing a new hard drive (I named it my "F" drive), I moved my Winamp and music to it and couldn't get EL to work despite several install attempts.  It wasn't until I finally installed EL in a created directory, "F:\winamp\EL" that it began working for me.  It didn't work in "F:\winamp" and it didn't work in "F:\winamp\plugins".  Therefore, I stand by my original advice, and I quote: "I don't believe that's correct - you have the right idea, but you just have to make sure that you install EL into the right spot in Winamp.  It doesn't matter where Winamp is as long as you install EL in synch with that Winamp directory."  Better luck next time, wise guy!

ClintJCL, if you don't know what you're talking about, please do us all a favor and SHUTUP!  There is nothing worse than getting bad and incorrect advice from some know-it-all who causes you to potentially spend HOURS going down the wrong path! 

So Anty, if you still have a problem here all this time later, give me the hook-up and we'll try to sort it out.  I'll be happy to help, wish I would have had some when I was struggling.  I may not know the exact answer, but I did have a nearly identical problem and solved it.  Two heads are better than one! (usually but not always...  << ahem >>)

Attention all members of the Time-Shifting Association:  Our next regular meeting will be last Friday at 3:00 p.m.  Do not be late.
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 10:48:57 AM »

EvillLyrics reads information about Winamp location from registry. So if you install Winamp (milkdrop) properly, EL should be able to get path to milkdrop. If you move your winamp directory to another drive/directory, winamp may still work but information about the milkdrop installation path in registry stays incorrect. I would recommend reinstalling Winamp (using the same directory you're using now), it should help EL to find Milkdrop (by writing correct info into registry). Still, backup your winamp installation (just zip the whole winamp folder somewhere) before you do it so you won't lose your winamp settings (but i guess you shouldn't lose it anyway)

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: