EvilLyrics forum
December 08, 2019, 02:37:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with name of saved files (in cache)  (Read 2737 times)
Dee
« on: October 04, 2005, 05:29:22 AM »

Hi,

I set proeAC+Problem with name of saved files (in cache)Deevosges64@hotmail.com83.200.182.714bum] - [year] - [comment]" (it used to be "artist - song - [album] - year <comment>"). When the file is stored in the cache it is named like this : "Nine Inch Nails - Only _ _ _.txt".
What bothers me are the "_ _ _". I'd like to get rid of them. I just want "artist - song.txt"
Another thing is this : "Talk Talk - Time It_s Time _ _ _.txt". Note the "It_s" when it should be "It's".

I have also 1770 lyrics files (text) useless that i get before testing your software. I point the cache to them but no, Evillyrics don't use them. Their name format is only "artist - song.txt" or "*.lrc".

I think there's lot of work to do on that part.

To bad. I used to use Minilyrics but since few days he thinks my new modem is using a proxy (stupid software) and my requests are denied. But when it worked, it used my previous downloaded files and recognized properly my mp3/ogg/mpc/ape tags. Evillyrics is promising. Just have lacks on that matter.

Anyway, any idea how i can get the result i want?

Thanks in advance

Dee
EvilLyrics forum
« on: October 04, 2005, 05:29:22 AM »

Dee
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 05:33:27 AM »

Well, adding " _ _ _" to text files name, i can use my files.
Hope will not be definitive solution.

Dee
felipin-sioux

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 06:20:29 AM »

Hello Dee,

The thing is that EvilLyrics changes any "invalid" character into a underscore... That's why it is changing your - by _
If you don't mind about changing your title formatting a bit, you could enclose the dash inside the square brackets as well, or keep as it is now and enclose everything inside curly braces...

artist - song [album - year - comment]

or

artist - song {[album] - [year] - [comment]}

I use a syntax like artist - song [album, year], and it looks pretty cool and works perfectly.. maybe you like it as well..

Felipe
Dee
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 08:40:07 PM »

Thanks felipin-sioux. I will do it.
It will solve most of what troubles me

Still, too bad EvilLyrics do not save correctly the " ' " and " , " in the file name. I hope it will change in a next version.

Dee
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: