EvilLyrics forum
March 23, 2019, 11:55:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Itunes Lyrics Tags  (Read 30908 times)
nayli

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 04:59:41 AM »

help me please, i hv latest itunes 6.0.1.3, evillyrics & EvilLyricsImport.js

i added 10 songs in my itunes library and dbl click the js file but it says added 0 lyrics to track eventhough lyric is there in evilyrics folder

i?m such a bum.. help pls. thx.

using winxp.
EvilLyrics forum
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 04:59:41 AM »

bilal
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 02:42:31 PM »

yeah i get the same mesg. what are we doin wrong?
Otto
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 07:53:40 PM »

Change the cache organization to be "by first letter" instead of "single directory". The default settings are first letter, and that is what the script assumes you're using.

Alternatively, you can edit the script like this:

Find this line:
var fullpath = lyricsdir + tempartist.charAt(0) + ?\\? + tempartist + ? - ? + tempname + ?.txt?

Change it to this:
var fullpath = lyricsdir + tempartist + ? - ? + tempname + ?.txt?

That'll make it work with "single directory" instead.
Gdap
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 03:31:28 AM »

Bump - I really don't want to run the script all the time.

Could this functionality be built in?

Thanks.
Ahua

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 02:59:57 PM »

The point is that Otto made those scripts by himself and he is not member of EvilLyrics development team. The developers of EvilLyrics seem to be pretty quiet the last few weeks/months and by checking the forum I just see some random reaction to some post but with a lot of issues unanswered. cry

I'm not sure if something happned that made them shy or angry but even on my offer to help (as far as I can) I got no answer so for me it looks like they are probably overload with some other projects (after all they seem not to get any money for EvilLyrics) or to be upset with something that I may have missed and thus letting the project slide down drastically in priority. sad

Anyway, I have to say that - despite of facing quite a few problems that I think could probably be solved within just a few hours if they would take the time to fix it - the team just made an incredible job by programming this tool. Thank you EvilLyrics!  cheesy

I hope you EvilLyrics guys will one day come back to scene and continue on just a few improvements/bug fixes and I'll be one of the first to be willing to pay a contribution to that as I think you guys deserve it. cool

Ahua
Paul
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2006, 05:13:54 PM »

i tried to open the script but nothing actually happened. the command prompt window popped up for a second but then dissappeared again. i really don't know whats goin wrong, or if this is what all scripts do(no experience in this kind of stuff whatsoever). someone please help me out. grin
a_happy_dreamer

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2006, 11:13:37 PM »

ok, so what i'v gathered is that there is a way for me to automatically import lyrics from evil lyrics into itunes, without all the copying/pasting etc that Id resigned myself to.

Now what i don't quite get is how to do this.

Could someone very kindly give me a dummy guide "how to" that I can follow to do this?

thanks,

lauren
lanwu

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 02:25:04 PM »

This script will clear all the lyrics from iTunes: http://ottodestruct.com/iTunes/ClearLyrics.txt

This script will look through EvilLyrics cache and attempt to import those lyrics into iTunes: http://ottodestruct.com/iTunes/EvilLyricsImport.txt

If we already have some Lyrics manually entered...can we skip the 1st script & run just the 2nd script? Will it add properly? or will it be jumbled??

I've some lyrics that have the translations underneath the lyric...& wold like to keep those intact...
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: « 1 2
  Print  

Jump to: